overclocking setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
from what i saw the afp-7 was only for intel stuff. so it wouldn't work for my build, cause im gonna stick with my fanboy love. so how about the AFP-64 pro?

also can i crossfire instead of sli on this? i assume i can because xfire only takes 2 pcie. cause i might rather xfire then sli.

Newegg.com - DFI CFX3200 M2/G Infinity AM2 ATI CrossFire Radeon Xpress 3200 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - MSI K9A Platinum AM2 AMD 580X CrossFire ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

those are the only Crossfire boards that are AM2 that are on the egg...

Newegg.com - MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-DS4 AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

those are the AM2+ but really really pricey..

Meh dont restrict yourself to the egg. Buy.com and clubit.com often have more selection and cheaper prices.

k, so im gonna go w/ a crossfire board
Newegg.com - ECS KA3 MVP (V1.0A) AM2 AMD 580X CrossFire ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
the brisbane 4000+/corsair XMS2 2x1gb ram. (ram is only 5 bucks more after a rebate)
and a AFP-64 Pro. and does it come with thermal paste on it? from what i've heard they do, but i didn't see anything on the newegg page about it.

also thinking about slapping a 3850 on this rig with my paycheck coming soon.
so 2 things, i've heard that they run sorta hot and i was wondering where i could pick up an aftermarket heatsink/fan combo for it.
also those cards are pcie 2.0, so does that deal at all with the pcie controller? so will that board work with the 3850's

I havent ever ordered from ZZF personally so its not one of the sites i suggest. Also, fwiw, pay extra to get something other than UPS. They dropped my htpc order at my door, knocked and ran away. Luckily i was home or one of the illegal immegrants in my apt complex would have had 1500 dollars worth of computer equipment.

i love illegal immigrants.
oh, yeah...the afp 64 comes with pate no worries.
oh, and also ....the 3850 runs um pretty much cooler than any other card.
but it wont perform like an 8800gt. im sure you know this.

yeah im aware, but, i can get 2 for 60 bucks more then a 8800GT and i can actually get them. lol. and as far as heat one of the egg reviews said it ran around 88C when he was overclocking.

and as far as this card vs. the gt im not looking to rip up crysis on a planitarium screen. im looking for like cod4 on nice settings on 1440x900, and i think a 3850 xfire setup will do that nicely.

muhahahaha. thanks, i look forward to the rig. i'm gonna order some of the stuff saturday when i get my paycheck and the money out of my parents bank account from ebay stuff. so i'll have around 400 bucks (wow more then i thought lol!!) so i think i might be able to get all of the stuff, and with newegg shipping it'l show up sometime around wednesday/thursday.

yup, i can get my entire rig ordered on saturday hopefully.
i don't remember anything about shipping, but does it make a difference if i order saturday or monday from newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom