Need Help ! New Custom

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRVRT

In Runtime
OK, got my new pc together. Turned it on, it posts, but shows CMOS Setup Invalid. I go into the CMOS setup and set the boot devices, time, etc. F10 to save and exit, then it restarts and nothing. Computer is running, everything looks ok, but monitor does not come on now and LCD post shows DET DRAM. What am I doing wrong. CMOS showed 4 GB mem.

OK, back to same problem, installing Vista, said it had to reboot, screen goes blank, monitor in power save mode, pc does not reboot. LCD POST says DET DRAM. What is happening here?

heres the link to the maximus formula on the ASUS website.
on the 2nd/3rd page there are a few post's on det ram problems. As i have never had this problem i cant really help, and the site is currently too busy for me to help you out further

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum-

Will try again in an hour or two when traffic dies down

I figured out, bad stick of mem. Other than that, she is up and running. Vista is working great, but annoying still. Time to update a few things. Thanks for the help Prophet.

First thing to do, turn off the UAC. That crap is the dumbest thing microsoft ever did. Ya im also interested to hear what type of memory you got that is bad. I ordered a 2nd set of ocz mem from newegg and i'm having issues with it. Going to return it for some magistix.

Memory was Corsair 1gb sticks as shown in my sig. Dumb question, but where do you turn of the UAC? Have not had time to look for it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom