permission to delete a program??

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkywaggnelz

In Runtime
I freaking hate Vista! Gah!

Anyway, I am trying to delete Mcafee from my computer... It wont delete from the program list. I click for it to delete and it doesn't do anything. I try again and it says please wait for this program to finish.

I try to just delete the folder from the program list and it wont let me. It says I need permission...wtf, its my computer, I gave it permission.

That is the UAC. Either disable it or enable the admin account.

To turn off UAC go to the Control Panel under User Accounts. It istn hard to find from there. To enable the Admin account that info is in the sticky thread up top around page 56 or so. but a breif description:

Secret Admin account can be unlocked just by going Start>in the search box on the start menu type in secpol.msc and then when that comes up. Local Policies>Security Options>Accounts: Administrator Account Status. Double click on it and just click the enable and then click okay.

Vista do suck 4 sure.
No it is just people dont know how to use it correctly. I have had no problems with it for the 2 years i ahve been using it. (Beta stages and since its release) :p

On a side note if you got nothing to add or an answer why bother commenting? I mean just to say that Vista sucks? Why bother wasting everyones time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom