*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Ditto. I could probably push it higher if I didn't have so many apps installed on this, although I did end as many unnecessary processes as possilbe before starting the test...

By the way, I had my RAM ratio at 3.33:1 for that overclock (so my RAM was at 1050MHz I believe). Is this okay for my Crucial Ballistix? What's the limit for DDR800 anyway? 1066, my mobo's rated FSB?

i have a questions that maybe really stupid...does oc ram really increase performance or increase 3dmark score?

Good question. Let's find out shall we? I'm going to re-run my test, but this time with my RAM as close to 800MHz as the ratio will allow, and post the results. I'll edit this post when the test is complete.

I get about 80-90 more points going from 920mhz 4,4,4,8 to 1150mhz 5,5,5,15

it makes a big difference in super pi on my rig.
by big i dont mean like 10 seconds or anything lol.

lol...so in other worst not worth it then?
my ram is at like 900-950, ill check when i get home. Idk how to oc ram, but if it isnt worth it i wont bother.

nah its not really worth it to overclock your ram IMO if all you do is game and regular computer stuff, well maybe a little ;)
i just overclock it to run benchmarks and to see just how hard i can push it.
but it really wont make a difference in anything you would notice. unless its like a massive overclock.

Back
Top Bottom