Can't get to 3.6Ghz with Q6600 G0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey vdub, my VID number is 1.3... is that any indication to you of what kind of maximum overclock I can achieve once I get a good cooler? What is a normal VID#?

Not exactly sure, but it seems that the lower the VID the lower the heat output/voltage required from what ive seen. There was a thread on hardforums trying to correlate the vid with overclockability.

Bah im at work and the computer is off at home. Electricity is expensive! Heck my bill was 40 bucks last month and i havent touched the heat/AC in 3 months.

You Don't NEED to keep it on 24/7. If your computer is on for at least 8 hours a day you can run SMP Folding, it will just take 2-3 days to complete a WU. A WU takes about 24 hours give or take.

Common, veedubfreak and Blitersety, start SMP Folding for tech-forums...!
Team Number: 12864

I've been folding everyday for a couple weeks now. I'm already folding for team tech-forums. I think I have 7 or 8 WU's finished.

By the way, I just got over 14k on 3DMark06. Pushed the quad to 3.15. Amazingly, temps during the test stayed well within the Q6600's limit, generally hovering around the mid sixties. It hit 71 after a few minutes in Orthos though, so I had to abort that. I can't wait to get a 120 extreme for this monster :)

I'm Gonna go post my results in the 3DMark thread right now then put this back at 3.81 GHz, which will usually keep it no higher than 55C while folding, gaming, etc.

At my work electrical bill is 27,000 a month. yes that is twenty-seven thousand dollars a month. We have 9 servers running 24/7, around 8 or 9 PC's and laptops running about 24/7 and 3 shop pc's that run 24/7, lots of lights that are on for 9+ hours a day, and 3 AC's in the summer that run for around 10 hours a day, and a furnace that runs about 10 hours a day in the winter.

if only i could get some folding going down on all the servers we have.......

Heh ya, im glad i dont have to see the electricity bills from my jobs. The school district probably had a rediculous power bill. 2200+ computers, 50ish servers, plus all the lights....ewww.

So could we stop hijacking my forum and get back on subject with why I can't reach 3.6GHz unless I up my voltage to 1.4v?

Nu2duo, you said some people did 1.5-1.6v? Wow, that seems really high. But I guess it isn't that bad. I mean, my teamps did't go over 40c when I ran 1.4v on my CPU which isn't bad. Maybe I'll just keep pushing it.

I'm gone for the holidays though. My PC is lonely in my dorm until Sunday night. I'll up the volt as much as I need to get a stable 3.6GHz and keep you guys posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom