Is it worth reformating Dell Latitude?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles

In Runtime
Hi all!

I have a Dell Latitude D610 and it works fine at the moment, but I was wondering if a reformat would make it any faster?

Thanks,

Reinstalling windows on a computer that comes with it preinstalled can only make things better. Almost every big name computer seller puts a ton of bloatware on their machines.

I never understood the concept of these companies slowing down a brand new PC with alla that stuff, I mean I know they get paid by the software companies but they sacrifice their product in the process.

I have the XP cd that came with the laptop, does that have all the Dell crap? Or do i buy a new XP cd?

Also if I'm going to reformat, where do I get all the drivers from? Will they be on the XP cd that came with it or will they be on the internet or is there a folder on my HDD that I can copy them to a memory stick or something?

Thanks,

Nah, you can just do a reinstall from the cd that came with it. The only driver you really need to be concerned about is the ethernet driver. Once you have internet connectivity you can just download the drivers from dells site.

Edit, dell actually sends the windows oem cd rather than some crappy "restore" disk like a lot of other companies.

The CD with XP will still be a Dell branded version of it...by that I mean, their logo/service thingy, along with some other stuff will be part of the start menu or elsewhere on the system which you can't get rid of. None of the other programs they install will be on it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom