HELP! please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndworecki13

Baseband Member
I have a huge problem! There is no video on my pc. I tried both ports on my video card, but nothing happened. I also tried taking out the card and using the vga port on the mobo. Still nothing. I cleared the CMOS every time I changed something, but still no results.

This happened after unplugging all my cable to clean under the computer while sweeping my floor.

This is what I have:

GIGABYTE GA-M61P-S3

EVGA 512-P2-N548-TX GeForce 7600GS

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM

COOLMAX CR-550B ATX 550W "140mm Fan" Power Supply

Thank you to those who help!

Have you taken the video card out, clearned the connector, placed it carefully back in, then tried turning it on?

If that yields the same result, unattach everything cept RAM CPU and Video card and try to get a POST single.

did you make sure the cable was vga cable was plugged in properly ...both on the gfx port and the monitor?
it could be that the cable is loose, try twisting it around or if you have another spare vga cable, try using that.

Complete deconstruction, dust clean, reconstruction. Complete PSU drain, cmos reset, again.
If that does not work, buy a cheap compatible video card and pop it in, see if it works.

Haha, alright. That may have to wait about a half an hour since I have to clean my room.

Is it possible that I may be something to do with my bios? I really hope it doesn't.

Possible, but clearing the cmos is the only thing you can do to solve a screwed setting. Other than buying a new mobo, or RMAing it..

OMG! This day jut got worse. While removing the fan/heatsink for the cpu, the cpu came right off the board attached to the cpu. I guess that is what I get for using the AMD cpu paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom