overclocking setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
im looking for a cheap(er) board to throw a cheap(er) cpu on and overclock it. i do plan on getting a really good cooler on top of this setup, so recommendations on that would be helpful. So im looking for a really good overclocking board, and a really good/decent overclocking cpu. i'd prefer amd (fanboy) but am willing to go intel. i want to be able to play some newer games like cod4, tf2 and those kinds of games, no crysis for me.
So in short:

OC'ing Mobo
OC'ing CPU
Cooler

my budget is around 230-360
i also will need enough money to get a 7200.11 hdd. so i can't spend all of it.

someone who knows about ocing chipsets should make a list of the best ocing chipsets and best ocing cpu's and stickey it.

x2 3600 brisbane (if you can find one, if not, a 4000 brisbane) 65 bones (4000)
t550 biostar (590 chipset is probably better but they are all SLI and expensive) good luck, you wont find one on newegg. they have the t570SLI and it is only like 88.00, a good mobo too.
if you can find an abit NF4 ultra...they are awesome. i had one with an x2 4200 and it did really well.
afp-7, like 30 bones.
thats 185 (if you get the 570 SLI board, and buy it all from newegg...i'd look around for that 550 mobo though, seriously they are monsters). plenty left over for a HDD.

sweet deal. thanks, im looking to save up paychecks and get a gts revision when they come out, may be looking to sli them...and either go for a phenom or a 6000+ BE

Iono I'm an AMD fan but if you want really good o/cing just go with intel. Someone got the Dual core e2140 (1.6ghz) to 3.2ghz... that's 100% o/c haha. It was on the Abit Ip35-E motherboard too.

would it be worth getting the 5000 black edition? or should i just go with the 4000+

also is the TF570SLI a good ocing board? cause i am interested in OC'ing and SLI

cooler? i know the tuniq tower is good, but i don't really want that massive thing in my tower..

^^lol speedy gonzales^^
"someone" can always do something. i can make my 3600 run real close to that.
performance difference between the allendales and the x2's is negligible.
anyways, yes the 570 is a good chipset.
like i said, the 590 is arguably the best am2 overclocker. it will run you 165 for the foxconn that apokalipse has. which will put it (the dollar figure) over the best price/performance ratio (ie you could get an intel cpu for a little more and a way cheaper mobo and it will perform around the same).
unfortunately i dont see the tforce 550 at newegg, you may look at some other sites or even ebay, though its not SLI. i would have to say from what i have read the 550 and 590 are the best, im sure the 570 will be just as good.
i'd stick with the afp 7 for cooler, you dont need that giant hsf.

from what i saw the afp-7 was only for intel stuff. so it wouldn't work for my build, cause im gonna stick with my fanboy love. so how about the AFP-64 pro?

also can i crossfire instead of sli on this? i assume i can because xfire only takes 2 pcie. cause i might rather xfire then sli.

crossfire is for ATI cards, sli is for nvidia cards. It all depends on what board you buy as to which way you can setup dual cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom