Which one would you buy?

• Soyo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scepter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make the aspect ratio 4:3 so I can play my video game but the monitor wont let me resize the screen :(. It automatically stretches my 4;3 ratio video game and it makes me dizzy playing it that way. ANy idea on how to do this with a software? I editing the monitor's settings and the quality is GREAT! I just don't like the 60 hz refresh rate at 1680x1050 :(. Any idea if the Soyo will support refresh rates higher than that?

okay, i have experienced both the sceptre and soyo... the sceptre is a piece of crap!! i'm on it now at work.. the colors are dull... w/ the brightness and contrast up to the best i could do.. blacks are definitely not black.. but this is on a d-sub cable... but, my old westinghouse 22 inch was nowhere near as bad as this.. and the stand.. is terrible quality.. i just plain hate this monitor

the soyo's color is pretty nice, we have it on display in my store.. its not bad, not the greatest quality 24... its a 1000:1 ratio.. but sure don't look like it.. in comparison to my 1000:1 acer 24 inch (3000:1 dynamic!! and its got hdmi.. its not that crappy one listed in page 1)..

in my opinion... you pay for what you get... but if you are getting any of the two, i suggest soyo, looks nicer.. and be sure to buy a dvi cable.. it makes a difference

I heard many bad reviews about Soyo on how its not reliable. Like many people had to return their monitors for the third time because of defects. I did find a 22" samsung monitor for $200 in best buy: Samsung - 22" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor with Built-In Speakers - 220WM Do you think that will be as good, if not better, than the sceptre 22"? The only difference is that it only has 1000:1 contrast ratio and 5ms response. But yes I'm still worried about buying the Soyo monitor because of its bad reliability.

Yeah That was going to be the one I'd get before I decided 24. Everyone was/is raving about it. Was gonna grab the 245b for 24" but the LG i guess beat the snot out of it. I might get the samsung anyhow cause the LG is bloody expensive. Depends how impatient I get I guess.

Yeah That was going to be the one I'd get before I decided 24. Everyone was/is raving about it. Was gonna grab the 245b for 24" but the LG i guess beat the snot out of it. I might get the samsung anyhow cause the LG is bloody expensive. Depends how impatient I get I guess.

yeh im going to go for the 24" sammy myself :p

i need 1920x1200 rez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom