Build Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
isnt there a way to short thru the power switch?
could be bad.
could be a bad mobo.
could be a bad psu (yes i know even though the power led comes on).
you say power light comes on do you mean case power light or mobo power light?
does the case have standoffs that you didnt put in (ie is the mobo resting directly on the case)?
im guessing one of those four things. i need to figure a system for you to eliminate them one by one.
do you have a nearby friend with a comp you can plug the psu into to see if it powers his rig? if so, connect the power switch from HIS front panel and see if it works. that should eliminate PSU and power switch.
i dont know how intel seats their sockets, but AMD has a cam lock mechanism and if it isnt lockled, nada.

isnt there a way to short thru the power switch?
i dont understand
you say power light comes on do you mean case power light or mobo power light?
mobo
does the case have standoffs that you didnt put in (ie is the mobo resting directly on the case)?
all 9 are firmly screwed
do you have a nearby friend with a comp you can plug the psu into to see if it powers his rig? if so, connect the power switch from HIS front panel and see if it works. that should eliminate PSU and power switch.
i dont know how intel seats their sockets, but AMD has a cam lock mechanism and if it isnt lockled, nada.
i'll try this...

okay if the power light is on the mobo and not the case, that eliminates a bad switch in your case.
try switching the psu.
but, before that...
i thought you said earlier, but i cant find it in the post, are your fans hooked up directly to your psu? or are they connected at the mainboard headers?

when inserting the cpu..did you make sure you entered it the correct way?
when i did my first build with intel, i realised i didnt set it right.

Apok taught me how to test out my psu , but i cant remember exactly how.
Somethign with taken a paper pin and plugging it somewhere in the 24 pin connector.
Hey nagasama, you prolly know what im talking about, whats the exact and correct way of doing that procedure.

i dont know krazyq, to tell you the truth. i have heard of it as well...
but i've never had any PSU problems lol.
do intel chips actually go into the socket if they are not turned in the right direction? and you can get a HSF on them and everything?
i would DEFINITELY check that if they do.

i dont know krazyq, to tell you the truth. i have heard of it as well...
but i've never had any PSU problems lol.
do intel chips actually go into the socket if they are not turned in the right direction? and you can get a HSF on them and everything?
i would DEFINITELY check that if they do.

yeh they do, and thats what shocked me...
i had it in the wrong direction, and suprisingly everything fit ok...then i checked again an di was like ...OH OH!!!

so yeah, he should check that.

wow. dude. i guess its a good thing they dont turn on if its in backwards.
jesus.
any kind of markings that can tell invisible which way it goes?

wow. dude. i guess its a good thing they dont turn on if its in backwards.
jesus.
any kind of markings that can tell invisible which way it goes?

well i didnt read the instructions well..they sucked anyway.
Its kinda self explanitory.

too bad im bad at explaining.

Untitled.jpg

thats the best i can do...make sure the cpu allignt with the red circles i made.

hope that helps...

I don't see how you could put it in the wrong way and have everything fit.... lol
But i guess its possible. There are those two little indents in the side of the proccessor which have to line up with two other things on the cpu socket on the motherboard.

i'm pretty sure its in right....
is it a problem that when the psu in on and the power light comes on that it doesnt get in the least bit warm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom