G92 GeForce 8800 GTS, Pics & Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope they do it.. maybe like a 138 stream processor gtx... i would easily throw down the money for it w/o hesitation

cuz if they don't... high end enthusiasts like me... are seriously getting shafted in the *** really bad...

and if they don't make them... they **** well better lower the gtx price to 400 dollars

yeah thats what i hate about ATI's move, when they were at each other throats trying to get the highest end vid card out before the other, things were moving so smoothly. Now NVDIA doesnt have that drive to make a better/ higher end card and id focusing more time on budget/performance cards to further compete with ATI.

Which has its pro's dont get me wrong, but for enthusiat's its a kick in the junk :(

Why are we going to have 3 different 8800GTS all with the same name?

Why don't they just call this the 8900? Is there going to be an 8900? Is there even going to be a 9800.....or are we stuck on 8800's until the end of time?????

Why are we going to have 3 different 8800GTS all with the same name?

Why don't they just call this the 8900? Is there going to be an 8900? Is there even going to be a 9800.....or are we stuck on 8800's until the end of time?????

If they call it 8900 (or 9800) then no one would buy 8800GTS 640MB and 8800GTX or Ultra

Nvidia want to call it 8800GTS because they don't want to hurt the sales of the older G80 chips. Many consumers don't know that 8800GTS 512MB is much faster than 8800GTS 640MB or even GTX. So, many dumb consumers would still buy GTS 640MB and GTX even though they are more expensive and slower than GTS 512MB

lol i rekon, in some cases its close but i wouldnt say it is better. unless in maybe nothing more than 1 test. at high res obviously the gtx overpowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom