So Confused......

Status
Not open for further replies.
saying want low res and crysis to look decent is an oxymoron.

I take it your just upgrading onto the spec in your sig. is that ddr2 ram? whats your complete spec details? then maybe we can help you more.

But as it stands the guys are right.. you just throwing your bonus away on that card lol sorry. you graphics card aint so bad.. its 1gb ram and pentium D thats letting you down. i suggest overclocking for cpu to 3gb.. if a good cooler is needed get one good one can be found for £10-17 Artic freezer pro 7, get another gb of ram.. and see if you can mildly overclock your graphics card... Save the rest of the money and put it towards a new build. just popping a dx10 card in that setup aint gonna make it wonderful your gonna have bottlenecks. what HDD you got ide.. maybe get yourself a big sata one.

thats my suggestion, goodluck whatever you do m8

Wow thank you so much guys i almost made a horrible mistake lol check this out
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100176L Radeon X1950PRO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
135 bucks outperforms both the cards i listed and i can still get my ram. By the way im not to familiar with ati cards but is sapphire a good brand?

sapphire is a top brand ;) i had sapphire 9800pro and it never failed me, Till the time a big wormhole in the space time continium opened up and swallowed it:shocked: jokes aside yeh its good.

Is there any cheaper ram then that?
man that is cheap for Top Quality ram. you cannot go wrong with them... whats a few dollars.

saying want low res and crysis to look decent is an oxymoron.

I take it your just upgrading onto the spec in your sig. is that ddr2 ram? whats your complete spec details? then maybe we can help you more.

But as it stands the guys are right.. you just throwing your bonus away on that card lol sorry. you graphics card aint so bad.. its 1gb ram and pentium D thats letting you down. i suggest overclocking for cpu to 3gb.. if a good cooler is needed get one good one can be found for £10-17 Artic freezer pro 7, get another gb of ram.. and see if you can mildly overclock your graphics card... Save the rest of the money and put it towards a new build. just popping a dx10 card in that setup aint gonna make it wonderful your gonna have bottlenecks. what HDD you got ide.. maybe get yourself a big sata one.

thats my suggestion, goodluck whatever you do m8

Ya its ddr2 ram im for sure going with the X1950pro and 2 gig of ram i know my pentium d is holding me back but i figure if i get a good card and some more ram the game should run smooth. 1024X768 is the highest res i play at i just want it to run smooth on that res and maybe med to high settings if im lucky lol.

i got a 7800GS OC'd which is about on par with X1950pro.. so you should be able to play crysis on medium with x4 AA, x8 AS, @ 1280x1024 rez.

what motherboard you got.. ASUS? it could have overclock options in your bios. Ai NOS or even Ai Booster or manual OC settings. it aint gonna cost you anything and its worth a try.

other than that... looks ok X1950pro and 2gb ram.. see if your mobo overclocks too.

:)
you wont have the best comp and it wont last for long but you should get a good few months of gaming out that pc. Then if your serious about gaming, think about building a new pc for DX10 vista.

His screens native res. is 1024x768 I think. So there won't be a real big quality loss.

Hey Clay, at Fry's they have that Crucial ram for $50 without the mail- in rebate. So no waiting around for the money.

I have a cheap ecs mobo i dont think it oc's. Im more familar with nvidias products should i go with the 7900gs or the X1950pro which is better?

P.S. im going with that ram that Sora suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom