So Confused......

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayKann101

In Runtime
Alright im going to get my Christmas bonus soon from my boss which is about 200 bucks and im wondering what to do with it heres what im really confused and sorta not sure on. I play on low res anyways (1024X768) so i figure these cards will be fine for me i want to play crysis fairly smooth and look decent which i already do with my current setup but i want to play on 1024X768 res instead of 800X600. Thanks

A) I buy a 8600gts and just keep my 1 gig corsair value ram

B) I buy a 8600gt and buy also some crucial or gskill 2 gig ram

Which will give me better performance?

I want everyone to know THESE ARE THE CARDS IM GOING TO DECIDE ON I DONT WANT TO BUY A 8800gt or whatever i either want one or the other in my post. This is in my budget. PLEASE DO NOT POST WELL THOSE CARDS SUCK SAVE FOR A 8800gt OR JUST WAIT TILL THIS CARD COMES OUT IT WILL BE CHEAPER.

I'm sorry.. I just can't help it.. anybody who buys those cards are fools. Just tell us your budget in $$$ and we'll give you your best option...

If I really had to choose one of those options... (which I wouldn't) I'd take B because at least the 8600GT can be found for super cheap and you'll be getting good ram, and once some good sense comes to you, you won't be too behind on cash to upgrade, like, you'll see no difference almost form the 7600GT...

Both the Radeon X1950 PRO and the GeForce 7900 GS will out-perform a 8600GTS, especially in higher resolutions, and both are cheaper than an 8600GTS. If you're on Windows XP, or will settle for a DX9 card even though your on Vista, I recommend one of those two cards over what you have listed.

Also, having 2GB of RAM will help quite a bit as well.

budget is about 200 bucks now why do i see 8600gt's playing crysis on medium settings at 1024X768 and getting about 35 fps?

Both the Radeon X1950 PRO and the GeForce 7900 GS will out-perform a 8600GTS, especially in higher resolutions, and both are cheaper than an 8600GTS. If you're on Windows XP, or will settle for a DX9 card even though your on Vista, I recommend one of those two cards over what you have listed.

Also, having 2GB of RAM will help quite a bit as well.
Will i kinda want a dx10 card but then i dont will vista start taking over soon? Also will the 2 gig really smooth it out even with my 7600gt?

vista is hardly 'taking' over

XP still has a better performance in games because it isn't as bloated by almost about 15%

Plus, you can get the so-called Vista/DX10-exclusive 'Very High' settings features in XP under DX9 with a simple editing of config files... DX10 hasn't showed much difference at all. It's pretty gimmicky. An X1950PRO would be a much better option for cheaper than the 8600GTS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom