Unable to Delete Folder in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grievearz

M.C. Etcher
I had to reinstall Vista a while ago and due to some strange DRM crap had to do an upgrade install off of already installed Vista...

Anyway, now there is a folder in my main hard drive called Windows.old that it won't let me to delete. I've tried everything I can think of, canceling processes, taking ownership, etc.

It just pulls up the deleting screen, then stops at the same spot for a few seconds then up pops another screen saying cannot delete folder. No matter what I try. Any ideas?

Full format, then because I have the upgrade version I had to do an upgrade install off the clean install to get the CD key to work. It was retarded.

Ok so Update --

I got back to my Vista computer and neither KillBox or Hijackthis could delete the folder. Is there anything designed for Vista to delete files?

-------------------Edit

Found the solution to the problem. For some reason Windows.old is classified as a previous windows installation and can ONLY be removed with the Disk Cleanup utility included with windows Vista. I never thought to look at the OS for a solution, so used to XP and it's reliance on 3rd party utilities.

Anyway, thanks for helping me narrow down the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom