Upgrade or buy a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

limester

Beta member
Well i have a comp that is kinda outdated if you compare with the ones in the market nowadays.Used to be one of the best but that was 3 or 4 years back. This comp is showing signs of old age with frequent blue screens and needing a few restarts to turn it on. Heck it only get like 1 fps on 3d mark. So i was thinking it's probably time to get a new comp. Problem is i have a budget around 1500 bucks and i know little about upgrading comps and all those hardware stuffs. So i hope you guys could help by suggesting what should i do. Whether to sell the whole thing or sell parts of it and putting new ones or whatever. Here are my comp specs:

Pentium 4 3.2 GHz (overheating alot so i had Asus star ice on it)
1 Gb of ram(2 512 mb )
Motherboard D865 PERL
Radeon X1300
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

So can i upgrade it somehow or should i just sell the whole thing for a new one? I use this comp mostly for gaming so any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Whats your budget? There really isnt going to be many options for updating the old machine. Check out the sticky for building machines. It's pretty comprehensive.

You've got almost the same PC as me, and I was planning on building a whole new one this year... until my money had to go towards other things.

With $1500 you could be an amazing system... so your best option might be to just build a new one.

So i should sell the whole thing?Should i sell the Radeon X1300 too or is it good enough for the new comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom