Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok i finally get my 2nd set of MATCHING memory, and now crap is starting to crash on me. Why in the world would i have stability problems when im running 4 sticks of the exact same memory when i had 0 problems running 2 and 2 before. First it started with crysis crashing, so i switched over to gears of war. Now that wont even launch. Is it possible its the 169.09 beta video driver and the memory is just a coincidental issue?

Ugh i knew i shouldnt have screwed with my machine, it was running so good too.

Ya im in the process of copying all my files off my 2nd hdd, so i can set up a dual boot with vista home premium 64. But i went back to the older video driver, im going to try that, then if im still having problems pull the memory. Just erks me off that i only started having problems when i switched to matching memory. I'm debating on ordering 4gb of crucial ballistix and sending this 2gb back.

Check this out. https://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80061-9

No rebate even.

Oooo. FRYS.com | CRUCIAL even better.

Awesome... I know it will be a couple weeks before I consider upgrading my pc. But I still might just get that Memory Now....

Looks like its a good possibility that the memory might be bad. I think im just gonna return it and get the crucial.

64 bit vista. But the problem only arose when i changed out the corsair memory for 4 sticks of OCZ.
Before = 2gb ocz, 2gb xms2 = 4gb
After = 4gb ocz (this is when the instability started)

man, memory is SO cheap right now. I'm guessing you tried the old sticks in again and had no problems?

I just pulled out the 2 "new" sticks and the problem resolved itself. I'm going to order 4gb of tracers from buy.com and just return the ocz. Save myself the hassle of the rebate also. Then just sell my other 2gb of ocz memory.

Have you got your memory overclocked??

If so that is probably where the problem lies. I found that adding another 2gb of memory meant i could not as easily overclock my ram. Overclocking 2 sticks is quite different from 4, as you are dealing with more variations, at least in my opinion. Think of like the difference between overclocking a dual core and a quad...

So if this is the case, try more voltage, or different dividers, or even looser timings for you ram. The case might even be that the new batch just doesnt overclock as well, or do so well with tight timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom