dell laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ton247

Solid State Member
can someone explain to me why people don't like dell?

and if the reason isn't significant, can someone tell me the pros and cons of dell laptops, mainly the inspiron ones?

thanks

that applies with just Desktops.. and usually you can get better ones at Cyberpower or Ibuypower..

Dell Inspirons are great. They run like a champ and last a lifetime. People generally hate Dell desktops as they seem to have the cheaps parts, to break down often, and are just overpriced.

They break more then any other computer manufacturer I know... and this is coming from someone who has owned two and has about 5 family members each with one. Every single one has had tons of problems, and my current one has had the mobo replaced, only to have the new one they sent me have an equally annoying problem.

Remember, you pay for what you get... They are cheap for a reason.

so buying a dell laptop wouldn't be a bad idea? and the customer service? are they still very helpful?

I have a Dell 8600 Lappy, and except for the internal wirless (which they fixed, no problem) I run the heck out of it with no problems... but the desktops... Bleech!!

Dell desktops use THE cheapest parts they can get their hands on, and they charge 150-200% of what the parts cost retail, thats why. Their laptops are ok though. Just make sure you get the gold warranty that covers everything including stupidity. I've seen entirely too many laptops killed by soda and drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom