Need help fast, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopy7548

Solid State Member
i just got my new computer today, and i can't install windows 2000 on it. it came with no OS. so anyways, when i turn it on, it says "no harddrive attached to the fasttrack controller. there is no bios installed." so then i put in the w2k cd and i go to install it, and when i press to install w2k, it gives me an error saying " setup did not find any hard disk drives in your computer." so then i looked at some stuff online and it says that i have to press f6 before the w2k installation screen starts (like when it says press f6 to setup a raid or scsi drive) so i do that and i tried to install the sata drivers from the floppy, but that's not working either. anyone know what i should do? i really need this ASAP. thanks. i also tried to go into the bios of the mobo and the sata thing is enabled in that. so maybe they didnt connect the harddrive correctly? i dont know. i also made w2k bootdisks and those didnt work either. i've heard that installing win2k or winxp on a formatted sata drive can be very difficult. i've only been trying for a couple of hours (had to work today) so i'm sure i can get it to work tomorrow if i just do some more research. but i wanted to know if anyone here knows what to do from like experience or anything. thanks a lot.

btw, my specs are:

amd athlon 64 3200+
asus k8v mobo
1 gig ocz pc-3200 ddr ram
80 gig seagate sata harddrive
ati radeon 9800 pro
dvd drive
dvd writer

i got my computer from www.monarchcomputer.com if you need to know

Is the HDD showing up in bios? If not, reseat the IDE cables and try plugging in to different power clip

yeah, i think so. i think it's showing up as via vt6420 1st harddrive under the menu where it shows what boots first (cd, floppy, harddrive)

ignore killians, he is internet deff.
------------------------------------------
yea all tutorials iv seen have just said to press F6 while its scanning ur hardware b4 setup begins... then insert your SATA controler driver disk, then install should continue without problems... sounds like u did everything right..

i would open it up and take a look inside. make shur everything is seated corectly. i dont have experience with SATA yet, but if thy use jumpers, make shur the jumper is also set right.

nevermind, i got it. i was installing the wrong drivers. but thanks for all of your help. thanks a lot:D

jolancer said:
ignore killians, he is internet deff.
------------------------------------------
yea all tutorials iv seen have just said to press F6 while its scanning ur hardware b4 setup begins... then insert your SATA controler driver disk, then install should continue without problems... sounds like u did everything right..

i would open it up and take a look inside. make shur everything is seated corectly. i dont have experience with SATA yet, but if thy use jumpers, make shur the jumper is also set right.

I am what? It looks to me like you just said the EXACT same thing I just did, but worded differently. That, my friend, is PURE genius on your part. I would of originally said F6, but he said he ALREADY did it, so it would be a smart thing to make sure its recognized in BIOS and to ALSO reseat the cables (in this, of course I incorrectly said IDE), however if XP is not streamed with SP1 and u do not have the drivers, then you CAN set it to IDE compat in BIOS and boot that way, download SP1 and then set it back to SATA.

jolancer: don't abuse someone for trying to help, if you think he's wrong, you can say so, but don't just insult them in the process

killians45: it's best to just report those sorts of posts to a mod rather than trying to argue

Isnt it time for your nap apoplexy?

Stop instigating issues to be taken to a next level where there is no recourse. If the behaviour is constant and across multiple threads you may have an issue,, but as it is,, you should just keep those comments to yourself,,

they end up making more problems than your comment is worth,, I dont see it continuing,,

Like most mothers say,, Let lying children sleep,,,

get it?

*sheesh*

PS: I apologise to all other readers of this thread for my comments,, I am wasting your time,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom