hi all i recently installed a 350 gb hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumpole

Beta member
i recently installed a 350 gb hard drive followed by XP and all the upgrades to sp2. this is reported as a 127 gb hdd, soo, i checked with mobo manuf (asrock) whether i needed a bios upgrade, no is the answer so i went to microsoft site, i have installed the hotfixes that enable LBA but still the hard drive appears as 127 gig. do i have to fdisk the drive and reinstall the lot again to have my drive reported correctly or is there some way in which i can restore this in windows current installation? i have a secondary drive which can be removed if required but at some stage i wish to reclaim all the data from this second disc (120 gig) thanx:confused:

did that, followed instructions, coundnt find the correct atapi.sys file, installed the microsoft hotfix but this installation failed due to current files being newer than the hotfix file? and still mobo manufacturer says i dont need a bios flash any ideas for further progress?? thanx

You may have some unpartitioned space on the drive. Try to go to start, right click my computer, select manage, disk managment see if you have it partitioned corectly.

thanx for the help guys i have it solved now after installing hotfixes etc went to control panel, admin tools, storage, from there i could see the unallocated space, this i then formated for it to become active!

thanx again for the pointers rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom