Can I Use 4 GB Memory IN XP 32 BIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I will see absolutley no differnce in games....even if i want to use some really high rez texture mods in a few games.

Will I see a difference in games or not....will i at least be able to use 3 gb of it?

:S I believe That includes video ram and anything else as well. I can't find a link right off to back it up.
Basically if your go going to spend money getting 4gb ram, grab a 64bit os. Or just get 3Gb of ram.

edit~ 16 hour class load!?!?!?!?!

Well....my sons pc uses the same memory.....what if i put 1gb in each pc....is that a good upgrade that would work and make since.

I mean the memory is really cheap right now and i would like to take advantage of that....the same ram about 10 months ago cost me around $300

Yeah thatd work great. if he uses the same memory split it to 3gb each total. no problems and no need for OS upgrade.

You could always just keep the 4 Gb in your pc as well. just around 1 of it wont be used.

OK. Thanks guys.

I need the Latency of 4-4-4-12 jb00gz

Thanks for the heads up, because it is still only $42 after rebate at zipzoomfly....compared to $49 at newegg.

I assume you're talking about putting 1 single 1gb module in each pc? because then it wouldn't run in dual channel.

The increase in memory would outweigh the very small performance loss of using single channel, but it's not an ideal setup :p

Maybe I am just going overboard.

I just use it for gaming....I thought the more the better and the deal is really nice.

Do you guys think it is not a good upgrade then?

I mean, would you rather have 2gigs in dual channel or 3 gigs in single ???

Well most boards have dual (dual channel controllers) so you would have 2gb in dual channel and 1gb on its own. 2gb is good enough for gaming unless you are planning to upgrade to vista soonish then it may be worthwhile getting the 3or4gbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom