Can I Use 4 GB Memory IN XP 32 BIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
Guys...I have XP Home 32 BIT OS

I am thinking of getting another 2GB of the memory in my sig....this would be 4 x 1 GB Modules of Memory

Anybody here that really knows this stuff....will this work ok for me?

I would really like to get thid extra 2GB because its like $50 once I receive the rebate

Any help will be appreciated.

Yes you can install 4gb but windows will only show 3.5gb under your bios you can see the 4gb but you will certainly get the 4gig speed whether you see it or not. And btw zipzoomfly has the corsair memory you use $35 after mail in rebate :)

no you wont get the speed, if by speed you mean the extra ram. unless you do some registry moidifications.
windows allows only a certain amount of ram for applications unless you make said changes.
you dont really need it for xp unless you run 64 bit, or vista it would be handy i dunno i run xp 32.

nagasama is right, you'll have to get a 64-bit version to take advantage of 4gb, i was unaware of these "modifications" but im sure it can be done. 2gb should be plenty for games, you doing anything else on the comp?

nagasama has that always been your avatar?

hey man i havent seen you around in awhile...
no i used to have a jihadi with an AMD headband on (i thought it was hilarious)but it was makin everyone think i was an insane AMD fanboy when i am really only a strong supporter. i had a fella from israel who thought i was palestinian and such (because the avatar was actually a hamas member). that didnt go too well. bu, we made up.

oh yeah i remember that now.. i just thought it was funny that i watched that movie last night and then i noticed your avatar.

we can't stop here, this is bat country! good movie..

that movie is halarious...

yeah my friend read it and said it was good, i need to find the time but its hard with my 16 hr class load, work, and trying to still remain social.

Hey not to hijack the thread, but I have a related question.

Everyone always says that 32 bit OS's can't recognize 4gigs of RAM. Does this number include the capacity of the video RAM? So for example if I were to add another two gigs to my comp, I would only see maybe an 800MB improvement, because of my 768megs of RAM on the GTX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom