2 Phenom reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
but if you want bang for buck why get the AMD?

even if its a mark up price i dont think AMD are dropping the price by 25% anytime soon. and that still will leave them at same price and Q6600 still out performs it. Dont you think Q6600 is gonna get a price drop soon ? Penryns are almost here.

im talking about fresh build.. if peeps got am2 mobos they wanna keep coolio.

Im not saying Phenom is rubbish but if im building a gaming PC i want the best i can get for the money!

but if you want bang for buck why get the AMD?
You have an AM2 motherboard, and don't want to buy a new one?
even if its a mark up price i dont think AMD are dropping the price by 25% anytime soon.
I think many stores will have a price significantly lower than RRP.
It happens all the time. You just need to know how to find those stores.
and that still will leave them at same price and Q6600 still out performs it.
see above.
Dont you think Q6600 is gonna get a price drop soon ? Penryns are almost here.
Penryn's are going to be sold for a ridiculous amount of money.
im talking about fresh build.. if peeps got am2 mobos they wanna keep coolio.
They could get an X2 4000+ Brisbane chip (which is very cheap), and overclock it past 3GHZ.
Im not saying Phenom is rubbish but if im building a gaming PC i want the best i can get for the money!
Then don't get a B2 Phenom. After B3's are out, and available, prices are going to drop. Even if the RRP doesn't.

apok, im not trying to insult amd...and the truth is..that even if amd was bad , amd fan boys would defend it no matter what...same goes for intel...or even nvidia or ati.

I just expected something differnt from amd(phenom)...sure they used less resources, but its still ike a copy...
and keep in mind, the newer quads are going to be even better, tests have already been posted up of how high they 45nm can clock..etc etc.

I just dont see amd offering me anything new...which makes me want to stick to intel.

Amd said that their new phenoms would be backward compatible, and they were wrong cos the s939 doesnt support it. Even if you have the am2s...your not getting the full benefits as you would be getting with the new amd boards.

You have an AM2 motherboard, and don't want to buy a new one?
I think many stores will have a price significantly lower than RRP.
It happens all the time. You just need to know how to find those stores.
see above.
Penryn's are going to be sold for a ridiculous amount of money.
They could get an X2 4000+ Brisbane chip (which is very cheap), and overclock it past 3GHZ.
Then don't get a B2 Phenom. After B3's are out, and available, prices are going to drop. Even if the RRP doesn't.

ffs dude.. i said im talking about if people want to make a NEW PC not an upgrade.. your kinda limited to AMD if you got AM2 mobo eh.. so wtf man.. if they got AM2 mobos and dont want to change so be it. THE POINT IS POWER VS PRICE!!!. not whether peeps with am2 mobos wanna stay with AMD. ffs.

penryns prices looks reasonable from what ive seen. and oh lets not forget they got high launch price like phenoms like you explained.

At the end of the day... Intel is more powerful at a cheaper price.. NO BRAINER! there is no arguement to that.. and please jesus dont say people got AM2 mobos or ill kill you. :D

you probably gonna reply with another overly defensive post. You cant dress a turd man.. the facts are out for all to see.

Merkwürdigliebe;1237600 said:
$316 on launch for the Q9450 sounds like a bargain to me and it will munch up those Phenoms like Rice Krispies.
Not really.
ffs dude.. i said im talking about if people want to make a NEW PC not an upgrade.. if they got AM2 mobos and dont want to change so be it. THE POINT IS POWER VS PRICE!!!. not whether peeps with am2 mobos wanna stay with AMD. ffs.
AND I ANSWERED.

penryns prices looks reasonable from what ive seen. and oh lets not forget they got high launch price like phenoms like you explained.
all the Phenom's are below US$500

you probably gonna reply with another overly defensive post.
I'm not being overly defensive. I just hate people being very agressively against the Phenom's, when they actually are good chips.

There was a good discussion before the aggressive slandering of Phenom's.

You cant dress a turd man..
Actually, you can. But that's not what I'm doing.
You can't spontaneously transform into a red and blue-striped golfing umbrella, though.

the facts are out for all to see.
And the fact is, the Phenom is a good chip.
apok, im not trying to insult amd...and the truth is..that even if amd was bad , amd fan boys would defend it no matter what...same goes for intel...or even nvidia or ati.

I just expected something differnt from amd(phenom)...sure they used less resources, but its still ike a copy...
No, it's not like a copy at all. The architecture is so different it's not funny.
and keep in mind, the newer quads are going to be even better, tests have already been posted up of how high they 45nm can clock..etc etc.
I know. But at least AMD are making progress. And they're not selling things for very expensive.

Amd said that their new phenoms would be backward compatible, and they were wrong cos the s939 doesnt support it.
They're not wrong. AM2 supports it.

Even if you have the am2s...your not getting the full benefits as you would be getting with the new amd boards.
And if you have an Intel s775 board that only does 800FSB, or 1066FSB, you won't get the benifit of a 1333FSB chip either.

As i said, im not here to turn down amd, good job on their phenoms, new architechture, and lower resources...

Intel is still the best, no doubt!

Quoted for truth.
Hey, I can play this game.

you can't magnetically induce gravity to sustain a perpetual motion machine based on earwax.

But then, what the snarf has that got to do with anything?

Comparing the Phenom to a turd is like comparing a ferarri F1 car to a piece of mouldy cheese.

Sure, the Ferarri is no-longer the fastest F1 car out now. But how does that make the analogy valid?

This is how i see it.
If someone has a s939 and wants to build a new rig, he should goto intel, why?
cos its better
And if someone doesnt have anything and wants to build a new rig, he should still goto inte...why? same reason apok.
I guess since you and whoevers got am2 boards, it would be cheaper to goto phenom but if your starting fresh and new...intel is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom