which processor should i buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to spend UP TO $300 on A processor not necessarily the P4, anywayz i think i can squeeze out about $300 more. If i get my christmas bonus, i can put up to $400 extra.

Well if thats your budget for CPU.. then this comes in under budget ;) $279.99 you can easily overclock it to 3ghz too ;) and boy it will laugh in the face of a P4, P4 doesnt even come close.
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
if you can wait till january.. it should be much cheaper as Intel releasing the rest of their New cpu's.

Believe me dude.. i know people have budgets and they can only afford whats in their price range. but putting $100 extra to a better component REALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE. I.e. your a hardcore gamer.. you dont want to be battling lag, low quality, low rez.. it all leads to frustration. So if you spend a little more and get the better parts, you not only have a faster pc youll LIVE LONGER! :D thats how i see it.

Deffo get the Quad Q6600 G0
Nvidia 8800GT or Ati 3870XT
Samsung 22" LCD monitor

other parts are pretty much standard
P35 or 680 mobo
2GB DDR2 Ballistix Ram
Brand name 500watt+ Powersupply
sata2 HDD
etc etc

If your a gamer, youll be well impressed with your quad with say a 8800GT with it ;)

hmm... its gonna hard be squeezing a q6600 with 800$

e6750
abit ip35-e
Crucial Ballistix 2gb Kit
8800gt
Case of your Choice
HD of your choice..
Corsair 520hx
Arctic Freezer Pro7

if you get more budget space... like just even $130 more.. you can get a q6600 and a TRUE120 w/ a Fan just replace the AF7 and the e6750 i listed up there..

cool.. now use my suggested build.. except use my suggestion at the bottom..

you want either:

E6750 = good price second best core2duo
Q6600 = best all round chip. Price vs Power.
Q9450 = New Penryn Quad, Best performance, reasonably priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom