Rate my PC - Scale 1-10, Comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
Hey everyone! I've finally ordered all of the pieces to my new extreme high performance PC. Everything is in the mail and on its way. First off I'll start with why I'm purchasing all of this equipment. I run 3 monitors (2 19" and 1 22"). I constantly have at least 30+ windows open at all times. (I run an at home business) Many Adobe, Office, and Internet applications are open. Along with a few other random things. I do game also. Anyways here's what I got. Rate me on a scale of 1-10 on what you think about it! Comment with your rating too :)

Motherboard - EVGA 122-CK-NF68-T1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i LT SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
Video Card - (TWO) EVGA 512-P3-N805-A1 GeForce 8800GT KO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0
Processor - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield
Ram - GeIL 8GB(4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Quad Kit
HardDrive - 500GB Seagate (7200 RPM)
Operating System - Windows Vista 64-Bit Ultimate (OEM, I don't care)
Power Supply - TruePower Trio 650/550 (Can't remember which I have)
Accessories - DVD All in one, SD slots, HDTV card, Wireless N card, 500GB external HD, Speakers, Logitech WebCAM, Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard
Monitors - 2 19" MAG and 1 22" ACER Ferrari
Case - COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution RC-830-SSN2-GP Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case

So, what do you say? Did I miss anything? Should I get some extra fans? (I'll probably post in a week or two about OCing when I have it set up, but for now I'll be running without anything OCed. I need to do research before I start killing my new stuff ;)

I'd say 9/10.
You got the BEST bang for buck SLI deal, I'd never advocate SLI before the 8800GT's, I won't elaborate because it's a long reason.
I like the multi-screen monitor setup, so I'm officially request a picture when you get it all set up.
Yay for Vista 64-bit with 4GB of RAM. You should be a happy camper.
You'd get 10/10 with a better PSU.

Also, I'm not sure if you care, but the Q6600 is a GREAT overclocker. A lot of people here including myself could give you pretty detailed instructions for overclocking. Overclocking is great because it's more power for free. For instance my Q6600 is at 3.4GHz right now, a full 1GHz faster than it's stock and it runs extremely cool, low to mid 30's. Anyways, just a suggestion. Even if you didn't buy aftermarket cooling, you could push 2.8-3.0GHz pretty easily.

*edit*
Drop 4 GB of RAM and upgrade PSU and you will get a 10/10 from me.
He said he bought the 64-bit OS, why not 4GB? Plus, it's Vista so 4GB is extremely good and recommended.

Drop 4 GB of RAM and upgrade PSU and you will get a 10/10 from me.

One of my bigger concerns was the PSU. On my past build I blew the PSU. I purchased the trio afterwards. Are you saying this PSU is not going to be good enough? What voltage/watts would you recommend?

mnelson said:
He said he bought the 64-bit OS, why not 4GB? Plus, it's Vista so 4GB is extremely good and recommended.
He didnt say drop from 4, said drop 4. pumpkin is getting 8GB geil. :S

Shoulda grabbed q6600 from clubit. Don't think egg guarentees G0 stepping. You might get one anyhow tho XD

Id give it a 8/10. 8.5/10 with a new psu. It might be great but i've never heard of it so I dunno.

If we're talking bang for buck build id give it an.. 8 or 9. Simply because 8 GB is Highly unneccessary and not very 'bang for buck'. XD

Edit~ Oh i second nelsons picture request i wanna see this badboy when its up.

Build looks great though ^^ You'll have some fun with that.

The reason I went with 8GB of ram was for one simple reason. All of the single or double 2GB sticks were sold out. (For PC2 8500) I was only able to get an 8GB pack. :p I figured why not and if anything I could sell the extra. So it looks like most of you agree that I should switch the PSU for sure. That sounds fine with me as it'll save me trouble from blowing this one too. Any other opinions on what PSU would be good? The Corsair you posted above may even have less watts then my trio. I paid $150+ for the trio last year. Something like this unnecessary?
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro RS-850-EMBA ATX12V / EPS12V 850W Power Supply 100 - 240 V CE, cUL, TUV, NEMKO, BSMI, FCC - Retail

No, 850 watts would be good for a great machine like that.

You don't have an extra couple thousand $$$ so that you could build two and send me the second one....do you?? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom