*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

then why not wait?!?!

if i wait im out of a computer until i can get my hand on a phenom and mobo. could be a month or so. this is my main rig and the only one that can play crysis and dx10 games. i just bought crysis yesterday. therefore i need a cpu now.

no such thing as 939 brisbane.
if everything else is okay get the cheapest 939 you can find until you can pop out enough for new hardware.
i think i saw an x2 4200 on the egg for like 60 bucks.
actually it was this 3600:
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Manchester 2.0GHz 2 x 256KB L2 Cache Socket 939 89W Processor - OEM
the 4200 is 65 bones.
the 3600 will suffice, you will have to OC it pretty good, as im sure you know. also sure it will be no prob for ya!

im going to get a manchester x2 3600. its only 50$ on the egg....then i will OC that a bit and wait it out till phenom. Hopefully i can get that little 3600 to atleast 2.6 ghz. then i will be happy. nagasama, is yours on air?

no such thing as 939 brisbane.
oh, he's on 939?
didn't see that part.
im going to get a manchester x2 3600. its only 50$ on the egg....then i will OC that a bit and wait it out till phenom. Hopefully i can get that little 3600 to atleast 2.6 ghz. then i will be happy. nagasama, is yours on air?
yes, he's using air cooling.

^^correctamundo^^
its funny how we're all bouncing around thru these like 5 threads..gettin late.
2.6 totally possible on air, man! is your mobo NF4 ultra?
if so wo0t heck yeah it will do it no problem i bet.

i think almost anything will bottleneck those cards. i know for sure you will gain FPS with a 600mhz overclock. no doubt.
that chip is a good tide-over man, it'll treat you right.
you have any idea what happened to your other chip?

Back
Top Bottom