Installing Setres.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakethesnake

Beta member
Hey. I am new to the forum and I hate to ask a question for my first post. I hope this is in the right section too. If not feel free to move it. Here is my question.

I am trying to set up the program setres.exe so I can use different screen resolutions for each user. You can find out more about it here: http://www.pcplus.co.uk/tips/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=5872&subsectionid=390

I read the instructions at the bottom of that page but I am not sure how to do it.

It says: "To install SetRes, log on as the target user. Make a shortcut to the program. Bring up the shortcut's Properties dialog. Add the required parameters. Test the shortcut and move it to the Startup folder (Start menu, Programs, Startup). Repeat the procedure for each user."

I have downloaded the program. And I am logged in as the user I want to use. But when is says make a shortcut to the program do I need to do that since I saved the program directly to my desktop? When it says bring up the shortcuts properties dialog do you do that by right clicking on the icon and clicking properties? And where do you add the parameters? I understand how to set up the paramaters but I am just not sure where to put them in it.

I am not stupid when it comes to computer but it might sound like it am from this post. I hope that one of you can help me. Thanks

You need to put the program in a shared location. C:\program files\(any name) and then create the shortcuts. In the properties of the shortcut, under target, you need to use the following command...
"\pathto\setres.exe" h1280 v1024 b16 f75
This is pretty straight forward, but if you need more help, here is it...
"\pathto\setres.exe" is c:\program files\(any name)\setres.exe if you do like I said above. Then the "hxxxx vxxxx" thing is the resolusion. ie, 1280x1024... bxx is the color depth, 16bit, 24bit, 32bit... and the fxx is the frequency ie 75 hertz 65 hertz 85 hertz and so on.
does that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom