Need J Peg help

Status
Not open for further replies.
karlgreen, you should not have any problems sending attachments in jpeg. What is the e-mail software you're using Outlook Express?

There shouldn't be, jpeg is considered a standard image format. If you want (and if you have the software ie photoshop, paintshop?, etc ) open the pic up in it and save it as a bitmap (.bmp).

Karl, what exactly do you see on yoru monitor when you're trying to send it? Does Windows give you a error message??

karlgreen said:
I send but the person on the otherside says please resend in jpeg- No errors

Well Karl, from the sounds of it, i don't think your OE is messed up... sounds more like the recipient is not very PC literate.

Just what in the world does that mean... "please resend in jpeg"... Is your friend asking you to resend the jpeg photo? If you can view the photo OK, and he cannot view it, then the problem lies on his end most likely.

Why don't you send the jpeg photo to my e-mail address and I'll tell you if I can view it OK.

maverick_jc@msn.com

I know this might be a little obvious, but is the original image in JPEG format? Check the file extension of the original saved photo. Some photo programs will save the file format in the default set by the app. This may be causing the confusion.

What I would suggest is open the image/photo in a graphics editor, such as Paint if you don't have anything more advanced.

Once opened, select File > Save as

Select the directory you wish to save the file.

In the save option, select JPEG File Interchange Format from the available file types.

Once selected, give the file a name and click Save.

Now try attaching the new image into an email and send.

Well the rest of the story is that the camera i used was borroed
and about 6years old and i will have to reborrow it to ask the manufacturer. So i downloaded a file conversion program and resent it and they got it. PS the person I sent it to is a mac user if that makes a difference. Thaks a lot to all of you I will try to keep you informed as soon as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom