2 Phenom reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
negative on that, ghost rider. they are not unlocked moving up. only the FX are, or the black edition.
as far as "i have such and such overclock but it cant pass a stress test"
goes...well....
im sitting on the fence on that one.
i can get my 3600 to 3.3+ghz (ie it will boot). but in most respectable (as far as overclocking is respectable lol) circles not passing the stress test = invalid overclock.

how u know the Phenom x4 is not unlocked n FX is? If this is true, then post some source. I dont think i want to OC a Phenom to the fullest without knowing what im doing n i dont have the desire to OC a whole lot either.

when i get a Phenom, i just want to OC like 300-400MHz more.

i wana oc mine as far as i can, im going with th 9600 probably if not a q6600, and i bet itl oc just as highas a q6600, il post some benchies, im hoping on crossfire 3870 by xmass, if i go intel im gonna get the 8800gtsg92, and maybe sli. im psycked i got the cash coming in friday, for me its all abotu what to do, and what will be more future proof, i just wana be able to play crysis on high aswell lol. one questiom abotu crossfire doe it just work with everygame, and you get more performence right, because i kno that some games need to be sli compatible, or others sli just works by itself. is this the same for crossfire or does it just preaty much work in any game.

meh.. i see nothing showing that the phenoms are monster overclockers as of now, and i've yet to really see any amd cpu's that are.. who knows, maybe this'll change

and as for unlocked multi's... amd would be stupid to make one of their mid range cpu's unlocked multi... especially w/ a new line of cpu's... the only reason they did that before, was probably for sales purposes

otherwise.. making a new FX would just be plain stupid and pointless

fx and ee cpu's are pretty much there for unlocked multi's.. and now amd's added in their black edition.. they seemed desperate.. if you can't win high end.. go for low

ahem...
dude because no AMD am2 chip is unlocked besides the FX and the black edition 5000. the black edition 6400 allows a 16x multiplier.
the FX have always been unlocked because they are (or used to be anyway) the overclocker's dream chips.
i dont need to post a source, its common knowledge.

ya but i bet the fx will have a higher frequency for one and probably more cashe, and the phenoms arent to great so putting an unlocked multiplier to help sales seems liek a good idea, here is the review on the page Phenom 9700, AMD's 1st Quad-Core CPU | Tom's Hardware "Unlike the Athlon 64, the multiplier on the Phenom is unlocked in both directions" it says something abotu an engeniring sample they beleive it to be a 9700. they got it to 3ghz with out changing teh vcore which is very impressive, il probably be overcloking in my bios and not the overdrive tool.

EDIT: even in the toms hard ware test they didnt test it on a am2+ mobo they used this mobo Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe AMD Platform AM2
(Nvidia Nforce 5) and this ram, Memory 2x 1GB A-Data DDR2-1066+ Vitesta Extreme Edition the phenom is suposed to be optimized for the ddr800 ram, and i remember reading an old review where the ysaid phenom worked best with ddr800, so they have preaty much jiped the phenom in this review, and the ht2.0 could explain the 13.5% lower performence, why cant we get a real ****** bench mark even after release.

and i've yet to really see any amd cpu's that are..

3600 brisbane
1.9ghz
runs every day (mostly, unless i am jacking with it) stable at 3.1ghz.
thats almost a 60% overclock man. thats pretty monster if you ask me. not that anyone is...im just chiming in, heh.
amdgt that would be a great idea if they were to unlock all the chips multi's...i bet it would sell more.
i would lean towards that chip being "an engineering sample" as to why its multi is unlocked. retail i dont think they will be.

see, I do think 3GHZ is easily attainable by the Agena's. Just that the B2 revision has a couple of bugs in it.

I think I'll get a B3 revision chip (which the 9700's and above almost definitely should be)

and in regards to AMD's not overclocking well?
I don't suppose you remember when AMD's Venice/San Diego cores first came out. They were the top stuff, especially in overclocking.

And there's also the Athlon XP-M chips.

they allready oc to 3ghz on air with stock voltage from 2.4ghz, so they oc well , with a good voltage increase and a litle more pushing on air with a tuniq you can probably reach 3.4/.6 im hoping, because of this bogus review tho im buying the phenom with teh asus am2+ mobo, ima oc the **** out of it and run some bench marks, they didnt even bench any good games which utilize multiple cpu cores. and after all that, if its still not as good atleast i can say idid it properly lol, sometimes you gotta take things into your own hands.

they allready oc to 3ghz on air with stock voltage from 2.4ghz, so they oc well , with a good voltage increase and a litle more pushing on air with a tuniq you can probably reach 3.4/.6 im hoping, because of this bogus review tho im buying the phenom with teh asus am2+ mobo, ima oc the **** out of it and run some bench marks, they didnt even bench any good games which utilize multiple cpu cores. and after all that, if its still not as good atleast i can say idid it properly lol, sometimes you gotta take things into your own hands.
If you're going to get an AM2+ motherboard, I'd suggest the MSI K9A2 Platinum.

3600 brisbane
1.9ghz
runs every day (mostly, unless i am jacking with it) stable at 3.1ghz.
thats almost a 60% overclock man. thats pretty monster if you ask me. not that anyone is...im just chiming in, heh.
amdgt that would be a great idea if they were to unlock all the chips multi's...i bet it would sell more.
i would lean towards that chip being "an engineering sample" as to why its multi is unlocked. retail i dont think they will be.

in this perspective... that is true..

but i mean reaching amazing heights such as 4.0ghz.. clocks that'll really crunch numbers... and help gaming performance at an amazing level... not just a 100% overclock and what not..

i don't care if you oc 100%.. if your cpu still sucks who cares...

when we're looking at things clock for clock.. and your cpu is limited to 3.0ghz.. while the competition can do 4.0.. and they're both roughly the same clock per clock.. i don't care who has the higher percentage overclock.. i care who's gonna get to a higher performance point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom