2 Phenom reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF? Average overclock to 3.6 for a g0 q6600? on stock voltage?!?! Yeah I'm sorry but in my experience and my experience observing others, thats a load of crock. Sure the Q6600 can get to 3.6, but not on stock voltage.

I've seen many overclocks like that on Xtreme Overclocking Forums.. with a TRUE... but then again.. they are like 1337 overclockers...

no way they do stock voltage... i'm 100% sure they're upping the fsb voltage, north bridge and south bridge and all that.. i had to up my voltage just to achieve 3.3 ghz

Thats a valid point Nosboost... i'm thinking they either did that.. or lapped it or both..

and i've come to the conclusion this mobo sorta blows for quad.. i don't think i'll achieve anything much higher than 3.3 ghz.. but.. lets hope i find a way... alot of memory divider problems and so fourth.. its a hit or miss on having unliked fsb w/ the memory.. so i have lots of playing to do

no way they do stock voltage... i'm 100% sure they're upping the fsb voltage, north bridge and south bridge and all that.. i had to up my voltage just to achieve 3.3 ghz

Hey NosBoost Im currently overclocking my q6600 very slowly, right now Im at 2.88 ghz, at what clock speed did you have up the vcore to reach it stability? I want to keep stock voltage so Im guessing I can mkae it up to 3.0 Ghz.

Note: Stable is considered able to run Orthos for at least 8 hours without any errors

and i've come to the conclusion this mobo sorta blows for quad.. i don't think i'll achieve anything much higher than 3.3 ghz.. but.. lets hope i find a way... alot of memory divider problems and so fourth.. its a hit or miss on having unliked fsb w/ the memory.. so i have lots of playing to do

your stuck? dude... wtf... I was expecting a lot out of that board...

just FYI since theres so much discussion of the q6600:

That veebufreak who has been kinda helping me overclock my q6600 by answering my 2,000+ questions says he got to 3.6 Ghz with a 1.35 Vcore but his computer can't pass Ortho stress tests :(

BTW whats your q6600 guys idle and load temps?
My idle temps are 41-31 during the winter and 52-42 at load
Orthos Stress test can bump the temps of the 2 cores to 59 celcius! I can't find out how to get it to test all 4 quads, running 2 instances doesn't seem to work.

1.45v.. i have not tried that high yet.. not on stock hsf

but thanks for showing me this... a nice lil show on how to oc w/ this board... good looking out!

i was just hoping for more at lower voltages.. cuz i dont' wanna go crazy yet.. maybe when i get that tuniq tower, or thermalright

the toms hardware review states they have an unlocked multiplier allready so i dont see the point to a black edition.

negative on that, ghost rider. they are not unlocked moving up. only the FX are, or the black edition.
as far as "i have such and such overclock but it cant pass a stress test"
goes...well....
im sitting on the fence on that one.
i can get my 3600 to 3.3+ghz (ie it will boot). but in most respectable (as far as overclocking is respectable lol) circles not passing the stress test = invalid overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom