2 Phenom reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i will probably still get one IF they can work the bugs out to my satisfaction and keep the price well below the intel comprable chip.
as far as the black edition phenoms i just read today that they are planning on releasing a BE 9600? or 9700 i cant remember which.
though the 9600 has a 15x multi(eh?...lol math no bueno long day see below). i wouldnt see wanting to run it much higher than that. locked means you cant go up. you can still go down (at least on the current chips, im sure you can on the agena as well).
EDIT: i had a brain fart so sorry the 9600 has an 11.5 multi (11.5 x 200 = 2300mhz).

see above edit v-dog didnt mean to cause you so much excitement lol.
you can lower the multi to 10x but you would have to mess with the ram a bit.
the 9500 will have an 11x. same as my old 4200 heh heh. i used to get sky-high overclocks from my ram running the cpu at a 10 multi wo0t.

the 9500 will have an 11x. same as my old 4200 heh heh. i used to get sky-high overclocks from my ram running the cpu at a 10 multi wo0t.

i need help deciding. Should i get the 9600 now since my parents r finally gonna help me with my build, or should i just wait for the 9700?

i have no problem waiting. I dont even mind waiting for the HD 3870 x2 either, which is what i really want n have been waiting for a whole year on.

oh ya... half-locked Multiplier... i forgot.. been a while since I used that Brisbane System :(

15x is good.. but a lot of mad crazy overclockers like 10x multipliers.. so its just a matter of moving a decimal so you don't have to think xD

yes i will probably still get one IF they can work the bugs out to my satisfaction and keep the price well below the intel comprable chip.
as far as the black edition phenoms i just read today that they are planning on releasing a BE 9600? or 9700 i cant remember which.
though the 9600 has a 15x multi(eh?...lol math no bueno long day see below). i wouldnt see wanting to run it much higher than that. locked means you cant go up. you can still go down (at least on the current chips, im sure you can on the agena as well).
EDIT: i had a brain fart so sorry the 9600 has an 11.5 multi (11.5 x 200 = 2300mhz).

the toms hardware review states they have an unlocked multiplier allready so i dont see the point to a black edition.

even the current core 2 quad outperforms it in the gaming benchmarks by an average of 7% when both clocks are 2.66

And how many people get 4ghz out of their q6600s? Quite a lot....they certainly always do more than 3ghz...the average G0 overclock is about 3.6ghz on nearly stock voltage.

lol. I'm not even going to start an argument over this. I've seen time and time again that many people in this forum just refuse to accept that Intel currently provides the best overclocking and performing chips for the money.

WTF? Average overclock to 3.6 for a g0 q6600? on stock voltage?!?! Yeah I'm sorry but in my experience and my experience observing others, thats a load of crock. Sure the Q6600 can get to 3.6, but not on stock voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom