EVGA geforce 8800gts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
About 1-2 weeks ago I posted a topic saying that I bought an EVGA geforce 8800gts. Most people replied saying that the power supply and processor would make the graphics lag. Anyway My computer doesn't lag at all playing games or anything that I do. I didn't replace anything like the cpu/power supply. I just thought I would let you guys know that incase their is somebody else with the same computer specs wanting to buy an 8800GTS and doesn't know if it will lag.

um.. first of all Norcent... we never said it would lag.. we said bottleneck by your CPU.. read next time... b4 u make your Weekly Norcent Thread :)

I am sorry I meant bottleneck but I thought they where the same thing. Anyway its not bottlenecking.

Thank you for getting on here before me and defending me.

thats not a problem.. its a matter of you misinterpreting a post... in fact.. I even quoted my old post:

i'd call you an idiot if you get a single core CPU with an 8800gts... because its gonna bottleneck like crazy... but your 4200+ is AM2 right? just upgrade it to a x2 5200+ or x2 5600+ or a x2 4800+

i forgot to write the X2's in the OP... but you get the idea.. I never said what you claimed...

I think u may need some ice for that burn :0

Not to take anyone's side, but people do get a little overzealous in here about bottlenecking/ recommending better gpu's than what's needed/ recommending bigger power supplies than needed. But hey, it's a tech forum, that's to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom