They Did Something to My Baby, Help Me Operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOGA

Daemon Poster
I have a
Gateway M285-E laptop
with
Windows XP Tablet Edition 2005
Version 2002 (wtf?)
Service Pack 2

And I turned it into my school so they could set it up for our school settings etc.

Turns out they imaged the drive and messed with a bunch of settings and everything feels funny.

Some of the things I notice are when I try to install any add on or plug-in for Firefox they fail and my all programs list is twisted.

What can I do to find these forced changes and maybe confront the tech department about restricting my computer with out my consent? (In the agreement for it says they won't change anything other than network setting which is complete bull.)

If you could help that would be great. I'm starting to have more and more problems with this thing.

Thanks noga

Check your security and event logs and audit reports. If you have enabled them that is. It will tellyou when and who made changes to what.

I'm kind of a n00b so how would I go about doing that?

And I think they made one image and put them on all the computes so i think they already changed everything.

If they reimaged your drive you are hosed because anything you had would be gone. Are you still in the admin group?
Right click my computer and select manage. From there you can browse lots of things like users, groups, logs, etc.

Ok I can get there but I don't know what I'm looking for or what I want to do with it. I don't know if I'm an admin or not.

Also is there any configuration files that I can look at to see if anything is out of place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom