2 Phenom reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 'less resources' point you make is kinda moot to be honest.. they've made better processors than Intel with less resources before.

Either way, I don't really care. I hope AMD does well for themselves and blows everyone away with future improvements/revisions.

I'm not saying it's not hard and that they always will, but the way you were saying it was as if there was no way they could compete with Intel because they have far less in the way of money.

I'm not saying it's not hard and that they always will, but the way you were saying it was as if there was no way they could compete with Intel because they have far less in the way of money.
I'm not saying they have no way to compete, and that's not the way I was saying it. I'm saying competing with Intel is made a lot harder because of the fact that they have a lot more resources.

It's a shame really to see AMD flop on their faces like this. They failed to provided an equal or better product at an equal or less than price.

WOW !! Core 2 beats Phenom clock for clock !!! :cool:

I thought that phenom was going to be 40% faster than Core 2 :p

Don't forget that phenom 9700 is more expensive than Q6600

Not only Intel Quad core beats AMD quad core but Intel Qaud core has better performance per dollar

I'm very sad for people who bought AM2+ motherboards and people who waited for months for these crappy and horrible AMD processors

I told everyone here that AMD phenom will not be better than Intel Quad core, but no one believed me !!

you're such a twelve year old..
"see! i told you! i told you! nanny nanny boo boo!"
crappy and horrible, lol...you're the ultimate intel troll, dude. why cant you just say, "slower than the intel offering" like a normal person?
oh and that comment about the allendale 2140 beating a 3600 is TOTALLY subjective. you base that on like the one or two reviews that you've seen.
dont go bashin my 3600, as i've told you before it will go toe to toe with the allendale any day. except in super pi WTFE.
you need to learn some social skills man, for the tenth time.
as far as the Phenom goes...
disappointing, not disastrous. i for one will be waiting for a little more DATA instead of two crappy reviews that show no benchmarks and really only give the authors opinion. and yes i know anandtech is a good site, but i see nothing of merit in that article posted (unless i am missing something?).
i for one will also be waiting for the 9500, and a definite decrease in price before i buy any other chip.
i dont play crisis...and guess what...my 3600 runs COD4 and BF2 just as good as ya'll's 300 dollar quad-cores, intel OR AMD. so dont feel sorry for me and my "crappy and horrible" AMD rig. and dont feel sorry for my "crappy and horrible" savings when i buy a $180 9500 and clock it up to the performance level (or close enough for government work) of a $280 intel quad. cause guess what...since the Phenoms are so "crappy and horrible" you will still be paying that much for your quad. lol for a difference of...meh? bragging rights on tech forums? lmao all the way to the place where i will spend my extra money...:eek:
put that in your pipe and smoke it, lol.

WOW !! Core 2 beats Phenom clock for clock !!! :cool:

I thought that phenom was going to be 40% faster than Core 2 :p

Don't forget that phenom 9700 is more expensive than Q6600

Not only Intel Quad core beats AMD quad core but Intel Qaud core has better performance per dollar

I'm very sad for people who bought AM2+ motherboards and people who waited for months for these crappy and horrible AMD processors

I told everyone here that AMD phenom will not be better than Intel Quad core, but no one believed me !!

I find this rather funny, because that was the way AMD was back when Intel tried to release there Pentium D processors, AMD had dual cores that kicked there ***. I guess Intel learned from the small guy after several years??? HMM??? You guys have to remember, with out AMD, Intel won't have any serious competition to keep them on there toes, if AMD goes away, Intel will either become complete ****, or just... Die because they would then increase there prices to **** and back.

thats what im sayin. as far as the phenom performance, it is actually okay with me that they dont stomp all over the intel quads. that means i will be able to pick one up when i am ready for a not-so-outrageous price. remember how much the x2's cost before c2d? for those of us with am2 rigs, phenom is definitely a decent upgrade, and we wont have to spend 600 dollars for it.
the glass is half-full kind of thing. benchmarks are one thing. real performance and NOTICEABLE difference is another. i assure you that an intel quad will encode faster than an AMD and several other useful things. i, for one, dont encode or do anything really important with my PC. i play games and i type emails and i contribute to tech forums. i can guarantee i will be happy with the performance of a Phenom. except when i run superpi :(
i dont even really think i need a quad core ATM. someday soon, but with the difference in performance vs the intel quads the price will have to be RIGHT. i have good lucky with buying stuff for cheap. except my 8800GT...i got raped on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom