both of my dvd burners won't burn quality DVD's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arejay

Baseband Member
Well I have 2 DVD burners. The one that came in my PC: and optiarc OEM, and a samsung external. My problem is that neither of them will burn a quality DVD. This only started happening when I moved to a new PC with Vista. Even if I'm burning a DVD "backup" it still comes out all blurry and pixelated.

Before I got the new PC i was using the Samsung alone on an XP machine, and it was producing very good quality DVDs. Only problem was it took for-ev-er. I'd have to leave it running all night to convert and burn 1 DVD.

Now, with the vista box (with a new quad-core 6600) IT takes about 40 minutes to convert and burn a full length movie, but both drives are producing crap. I've updated both device drivers and even began using a different burning suite to see if that could be a problem. I was using Nero (and it always sad "Video Quality: Excellent") and now I'm using Roxio (says the same about quality) but when it get's reproduced it all looks like garbage, both on my monitor (22" HD widescreen) and on my TV 50" widescreen. I figured that atleast it would look good at a small size on screen while played on the PC, but nope, still extremely pixelated.

Is it as simple as maybe slowing the write speed? Or is it more of a hardware issue? Any help would be appreciated.

It sounds like the Roxio is producing bad quality video. Try using the 30 day trial for Nero to see if Roxio is the problem.

if is a software issue, you need to give a better description on what you actually used. roxio encoders suck. did you use nerovision? nerorecode?

are you backing up dvds or encoding video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom