2 Phenom reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
considering that a $350 AUS cpu can beat a brand new x4 seems like a fair beating to me. especially since the higher end c2q will be a lot greater in performance.
Just because it can beat a brand new CPU, doesn't mean that it's a "fair beating"

it got what? a fraction of a frame per second higher on average at the same clock speeds?

Clocks were equal. Check the review again.
I checked the review. In the vast majority of cases, the performance at the same clocks peeds had a very small difference.

i would like to make a good point about the Phenom n Qxxxx processors. My friend has an AMD Athlon 64 4800+ 939 processor n has been running on it for 3 yrs now n can still run all the latest games on the highest settings on his eVGA 7900 GTX while running Vista Ultimate 32-bit, 4x512mb DDR 400 RAM.

the last thing he has upgraded was his computer case to full tower n a 160GB Raptor 10k rpm. He is still to this day satified with what his computer can still handle. He has not OCed his processor at all n doesnt care as long has he as high fps in gaming n fast performance on Vista which doesnt need to be the fastest to satisfy his perspective. I still encourage him to upgrade to DDR2 n Phenom because his system is starting to become outdated. 10 fps more or so doesnt matter to him or me if the Q6600 n higher is better in performance, as long as he n i r is satisfied n save money for the next more 3-4 yrs.

go AMD or go Intel? Doesnt matter, as long as the customer is satified depends on how the customer uses that processor is what my point is.

how about this maroon1, u go Intel n i go AMD n we go our separate ways without lolly gagging on which processor is better n what not.............who cares?

yeeh and look how old these things are. the fact that amd has had all this time to catch up and they release cpu's lesser in performance which are probably going to be more expensive.

what i meant by fair beating is that since a q6600 is kinda old now, and the all the new quads are nearly here its a fair beating that a q6600 can just beat a new x4 yet being older.

Seriously, this is what I hate. Not the fact that the product didn't turn out the way I'd like. But people trying to drum it down as hard as they can.

this happens all the time with ever freakin product that releases, not just computer parts. If the customer is satified then let him/her be.

yeeh and look how old these things are. the fact that amd has had all this time to catch up and they release cpu's lesser in performance which are probably going to be more expensive.
Phenom's have been out less than a day
Also:
Intel has much, much more money and resources than AMD does

which does not in any way shape or form mean that AMD's processors are not any good.
Simply put, they are good, no matter what Intel fanboys will tell you.
what i meant by fair beating is that since a q6600 is kinda old now, and the all the new quads are nearly here its a fair beating that a q6600 can just beat a new x4 yet being older.
so in other words, your definition of a "fair beating" is not based on how much performance difference there is?

I must admit I am disappointed. They had so long to beat the intel counterparts... Although this is one review from one website, so I haven't lost interest quite yet.

I still love AMD however.

Phenom's have been out less than a day
Also:
Intel has much, much more money and resources than AMD does

which does not in any way shape or form mean that AMD's processors are not any good.
Simply put, they are good, no matter what Intel fanboys will tell you.
so in other words, your definition of a "fair beating" is not based on how much performance difference there is?

ya i know, Intel is actually bigger then AMD? Right? So of course Intel can n maybe will for a long term BE better then AMD. It's just that if Phenom had or will actually do better then Intel with what little budget money AMD has against Intel then that would be the biggest surprise in the history of CPUs. This just hasnt happened...........yet.

EDIT:

it's 3am here, this is crazy staying up posting, im going to bed, see u all tomorrow.

It's just that if Phenom had or will actually do better then Intel with what little budget money AMD has against Intel then that would be the biggest surprise in the history of CPUs. This just hasnt happened...........yet.

well that's what happened with the x2 chips...they raped Intel.

yes thats exactly what im saying, and old cpu X can beat a new cpu Y so a newer version with higher clocks and fsb of X will have a fair beating on cpu Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom