2 Phenom reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh my bad. So u gonna still get a Phenom now or wait until Christmas, what?

i know u seem ****ed as me. I might just skip having my parents buy me 4 parts for my computer to at least run it again for my bday present but instead maybe give me money now or Christmas. Looks like ill just get SMG for Wii, 2 classic controllers, 2 Wii points cards, n S-Video cables as my present.
I'm not really angry. I'm a patient person (who, ironically, likes things that go fast).

I just don't like it when, if a product doesn't turn out 100%, you get people trying to beat it down as hard as they can.
"OMG, it gets outdone by a percent! Wow, that product suxxorz harcore!!!1111oneone"

No, it didn't turn out how exactly I would have liked. But I still like the product. It's a good product, and I don't care what intel fanboys have to say about it.

No one uses liquid nitrogen for daily use. Extreme cooling solutions like that are for suicide runs only.

The q6600 has proven time and time again to do 3.6+ghz on simple air cooling, with little or no vcore increase....so far the Phenom has done 3.0ghz with an 8% vcore increase.
It's also been out a lot longer than Phenom quad cores.

It's been what, less than a full day?

Plus, their higher end versions aren't out yet.

They were going to release 3GHZ stock chips. the only reason they didn't, is because of a bug. Which will be fixed.

How many people get 4GHZ?

the vast majority will get only a little over 3GHZ. Which Phenom should be able to reach.
The only reason it hasn't so far, is this:
AMD delays Phenom 2.4 GHz due to TLB errata - The INQUIRER

which is a newer architecture. And costs much more.

not what you said in your first post.

Actually, the difference only starts to become something compared to Yorksfields, which cost much more.

i can get my q6600 stable at 3.6Ghz with tuniq and its hot as **** here right now. So i imagine with a good cooling setup in some cooler room 4GHz is a possibility

I'm not really angry. I'm a patient person (who, ironically, likes things that go fast).

I just don't like it when, if a product doesn't turn out 100%, you get people trying to beat it down as hard as they can.
"OMG, it gets outdone by a percent! Wow, that product suxxorz harcore!!!1111oneone"

No, it didn't turn out how exactly I would have liked. But I still like the product. It's a good product, and I don't care what intel fanboys have to say about it.

We have simply pointed out that after all kinds of crazy claims such as being 40% faster than core 2, it is actually slower...and in terms of price vs performance not any better.

You are the only fanboy in here as you can't accept that intel has made a better processor.

I have owned 4 different AMD processors in the past and have loved every one of them, but only because they offered better performance for the money.

Now they don't.

We have simply pointed out that after all kinds of crazy claims such as being 40% faster than core 2, it is actually slower...and in terms of price vs performance not any better.
but it's not like it's significantly worse.
"Wow, you scored an extra 0.7 frames per second!"

And yet, there's still people beating it down.

You are the only fanboy in here as you can't accept that intel has made a better processor.
HEY, DO NOT start getting presumptuous.
I know that Core 2 Quad's perform better. What do you want? do you want me to shout that out loud? start telling everybody in the world?

Seriously, this is what I hate. Not the fact that the product didn't turn out the way I'd like. But people trying to drum it down as hard as they can.

but it's not like it's significantly worse.
"Wow, you scored an extra 0.7 frames per second!"

And yet, there's still people beating it down.

considering that a $350 AUS cpu can beat a brand new x4 seems like a fair beating to me. especially since the higher end c2q will be a lot greater in performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom