2 Phenom reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
the q6600 is 3 dollars cheaper than the 9600

hmm.............for now it is. AMD always has the option to lower the price n still make a profit; same with Intel so this is a competition about value i would say.

i dont think the performance of the Phenoms is gonna stay this way, but we have to wait n see.

everything in a good way or bad way?

the Q6600 is $279 n i dont even know the real prices of the Phenoms yet except now i know the 9600 is $282.

Well it costs roughly the same, outperforms it at stock, has way more overclocking headroom, and from the benchmarks so far scales better than the AMD as well. You decide.

WOW !! Core 2 beats Phenom clock for clock !!! :cool:

I thought that phenom was going to be 40% faster than Core 2 :p

Don't forget that phenom 9700 is more expensive than Q6600

Not only Intel Quad core beats AMD quad core but Intel Qaud core has better performance per dollar

I'm very sad for people who bought AM2+ motherboards and people who waited for months for these crappy and horrible AMD processors

I told everyone here that AMD phenom will not be better than Intel Quad core, but no one believed me !!

it was sarcasm.

ahh my bad. So u gonna still get a Phenom now or wait until Christmas, what?

i know u seem ****ed as me. I might just skip having my parents buy me 4 parts for my computer to at least run it again for my bday present but instead maybe give me money now or Christmas. Looks like ill just get SMG for Wii, 2 classic controllers, 2 Wii points cards, n S-Video cables as my present.

WOW !! Core 2 beats Phenom clock for clock !!! :cool:

I thought that phenom was going to be 40% faster than Core 2 :p

Not only Intel Quad core beats AMD quad core but Intel Qaud core has better performance per dollar

I'm very sad for people who bought AM2+ motherboards and people who waited for months for these crappy and horrible AMD processors

u must feel pretty good making AMD processor owners n fans terrible dont ya :p?

AMD's Brisbane chips have done very well. I don't think Intel even now can beat the value of a 3600+ Brisbane, overclocked past 3GHZ.

Intel has E2140, it cost around 10$ more but it beats 3600+ when both are overclocked to max

Anyway you are getting off-topic, the thread is about phenom not 3600+. Why you don't admit that core 2 quad > AMD phenom ?

Well it costs roughly the same, outperforms it at stock, has way more overclocking headroom
How do you know it has more overclocking headroom?

We haven't seen people overclock them using liquid nitrogen etc yet.

WOW !! Core 2 beats Phenom clock for clock !!!
Now you can enjoy your extra frame per second on average.

on initial release, and at RRP.

Not that all stores will sell at RRP.
On initial release.

Only to have them perform well?

Intel has E2140, it cost around 10$ more but it beats 3600+ when both are overclocked to max

Anyway you are getting off-topic, the thread is about phenom not 3600+.
his generalisation wasn't about Phemon. It was about AMD.

Why you don't admit that core 2 quad > AMD phenom ?
Why don't you step down from your high horse?

Good for you, you can enjoy your fraction of a frame per second extra.

How do you know it has more overclocking headroom?

We haven't seen people overclock them using liquid nitrogen etc yet.

No one uses liquid nitrogen for daily use. Extreme cooling solutions like that are for suicide runs only.

The q6600 has proven time and time again to do 3.6+ghz on simple air cooling, with little or no vcore increase....so far the Phenom has done 3.0ghz with an 8% vcore increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom