about motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay i'll somewhat explain the btx form.. i got it from a
magazine lol

BTX: Balanced Technology Extened

because of the massive amount of heate generated by today's pc they had to find a solution other then the atx specs.

the biggest differences between a BTX and an ATX motherboard is its layout. For instance, whereas the CPU socket on an ATX board is positioned towards the rear of the case, BTX places the CPU socket at the front of the case, right next to an intake fan. This allows the CPU to get cool air before any other component in the system. The CPU will also be enshrouded by a "thermal module" which directs air from the intake to other parts of the system

When the first BTX motherboards materialize in mid-2004, they will be available in three different sizes: picoBTX, microBTX, and normal BTX (in order of increasing size). The first two are intended for smaller computers, while normal BTX is aimed at system roughly the size of today's ATD mid-towers. Note that the ATX and BTX standards are completely incompatible with each other, with the exception of power supplies (an ATX power supply should work with a BTX motherboard, but we'll have to wait for hardware to arrive in order to know for sure).

there's a picture with it but i can't get it from anywhere. I hope this helps.

cool, i think i'll be waiting just a bit long until i build my pc. i'm gonna wait till that comes out and tests have been done.

yea but dont we have to wait for all the hardware to come out for the BTX boards? Im stickin with ATX for a while yet until its tested like compy said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom