Is this a good laptop???

Status
Not open for further replies.
like everyone else said if you really want to game dont get a laptop they just dont have the graphics to cut it. youll kill yourself trying to play farcry or ut2004 or anything demanding like that.

My laptop runs UT 2004 quit well in 800x600 res on Radeon 7500 32mb and 1.8Ghz intel P4 with 256mb ram.

the main reasons desktops are better for gaming is expandibility . . .

hard to do that with laptops

youll kill yourself trying to play farcry or ut2004 or anything demanding like that.

On Alienware Area51Ms, Dell 9100/XPS/8600s, Sager 5690/8790(and some other models possibly), etc.. Games play at the highest settings as smooth as possible on those laptops O.O

http://notebookforums.com -- Read up on reviews etc :p

The only reason I want my Alienware laptop (which I can get when my dad gets all the money for it lol :p) is because I want some portability, as I am NOT sitting on my a$$ every day for hours :p lol, I can move around, take it on trips in the car, in planes, etc (going on quite a few, some long, road trips, lol) all that... for single player games, etc, coding, all that, hehe

The P4 3.0ghz is a desktop chip, so..it is a desktop chip.. LOL :p 1GB of RAM.. Well uh, just think of it was 1GB of RAM in a desktop you know, really powerful etc.. 128mb ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 -- Pretty much the best graphics card out there for a notebook.. It's the fastest one which is better for gaming, but I've heard the 5700Go from nvidia is SLOWER but gives more detail... Well, if the M11 (9700) is pretty much the equivalent of the 9600XT desktop chip, well the 9600XT is NOT top of the line, but it is the best bang fot the buck, is it not? :p Harddrive is good, all that stuff :p

However, if you wait a little longer, you can get an ATI Radeon Mobility X600! :) Which I dont know what it stacks up to with a desktop graphics card, but it's obviously much better than the 9700 ;)

So uh yah :p

I'd get a desktop that's better, more upgradable, better for gaming, $1000+ less lol, but I wont get the portability I'd like ;) =P

well no one has said anything about the video editing part... i will... since u shouldnt be doing gaming on a laptop.. u can still do video editing... but for video editing u need a big HD.. so u might want atleast 80GB HD, even tho it should be MORE than that.. but if video editing is all ur gonna do on it.. u might be able to do some with that

yea.. cuz video editing isnt somethin small and simple... itll cost u money, time, and patients.... and really good and big parts!!

lol that kicks my desktop anyday! Where abouts did you get that from? But then again mine is getting updated soon, when I get a bit more $$$. But yeah that kicks ass man!

-- Michael --

B'n'G and KoldApu both hit it right,,

along with all the other great info,, (on the gaming) the HD and the RAM are going to be your primary components for the video editing capability. Further,, is the video card a true card in the laptop or is it a built in chip with shared memory?? make sure,,,

I do lots of video,, and my 80 and 40 gb drives are constantly FULL,,, I am looking to get the 200 gb drive so as to allow adequate space to complete multiple projects all on one HD...

Regardless,, Great Laptop... like everyone else,, WHO MAKES IT???

PS: That AlienWare Laptop in Cyborg Green would be my Fave,, that is a kicka$$ unit,, thanks for the info on that!

cheers

blue

CrashAbbott said:
PS: That AlienWare Laptop in Cyborg Green would be my Fave,, that is a kicka$$ unit,, thanks for the info on that!

no problem . . .

i like the conspiracy blue . . .

too bad the 16" doesnt come in that color :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom