New pc. Maximus formula, and watercooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can order one thing form enwegg order the crucial ballistix for 50 bucks. Amazing deal and OC's nicely.

ncix sent me a B3 2 weeks ago ;p Im on the east coast though, if your lviing closer to bc you might be luckier. Only thing about NCIX is they're slow to recieve new goods XD They still dont carry the 4GB g.skill ram that was released last month >< gotta get newegg to ship it to someone in the states for me lol.

that heavy duty shipping box is sick. they really mean Heavy Duty lol

ncix sent me a B3 2 weeks ago ;p Im on the east coast though, if your lviing closer to bc you might be luckier. Only thing about NCIX is they're slow to recieve new goods XD They still dont carry the 4GB g.skill ram that was released last month >< gotta get newegg to ship it to someone in the states for me lol.

that heavy duty shipping box is sick. they really mean Heavy Duty lol

lol.. so what if u got a b3.. i mean u got a Phase Change cooler now don't you?

Invisible is right, the 520hx would be enough power, and crucial ram have more then enough overclocking potential to match your CPU, especially on the maximus.

"Other then that, close your eyes and pray they send you a G0. Chances are they will but every now and then someone gets the unlucky B3."

Explain please.

?????

"Other then that, close your eyes and pray they send you a G0. Chances are they will but every now and then someone gets the unlucky B3."

Explain please.

?????

The B3 is an older stepping of the Q6600. It generally runs a few degrees hotter than the newer G0, which is more efficient, and therefore more overclockable.

He said to close your eyes and pray, because whether you will get the B3 or the G0 version is entirely random.

Also, I noticed you listed 2x1gb crucial ballistix RAM twice on your shopping cart, did you know that the 32 bit OS you selected does not support four gigs? You might want to consider the 64 bit version if you really need 4 gigs. Otherwise step it down to 2 gigs, which is today's standard for gaming PCs.

Like vernong said, they may release drivers down the road (no pun intended) that improve the 3870's performance, but as of right now the 8800 GT is superior. However, I think you should just stick with the 3870's in crossfire, because you'd need to change your motherboard if you wanted to SLI 2 8800 GT's, and it seems like you are pretty set on the maximus formula. Also crossfire is more efficient than SLI, so that may make up for the performance difference right there, but you'd have to look up some benchmarks to confirm that...

Furthermore, if you ever want to run dual monitors in the future, it would be better to have a crossfire rig, because SLI does not support dual monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom