Partitioning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
hey, new HD coming in soon and I was wondering about setting up seperate partitions. I've avoided it untill now since its a pain having things split up but itll be nice if I can keep this drive clean. I was reading a post about it a while back but cant find it anymore ^^
Basically just wanna know if its just the OS I should partition seperate? what about games and media?

I was thinking 30GB partition for vista, maybe 150-200GB partition for games and the rest for storage? would that make much of a difference or should I just leave the games and storage (anime, music, vids and such) all on the same partition? What about apps? I got tons of stuff like Adobe CS3 master collection, ISO tools and other random applications. so should those be on a partition as well? 4 partitions is a bit of a bother but I guess things would be really tidy. I'll eventually be running 2 in raid0 but thats way out of budget at the moment XD

Thanks for any help.

I would just place the OS/Programs on one partition and the files on another.

If you use RAID 0 in the future, you'll need to create an image of your current drive and reformat.

:S i see. thats a bother XD I guess i wont bother with the partitioning till i have both, then just wipe it clean. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom