PCI express frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont fold because this case has a ton of stupid lights on it and is fairly loud, so i cant sleep with it on. Also, the whole electricity factor. At full load i sit around 60C on cores 0/3 and 48 on cores 1/2. Lapping will be done tommorow.

whats SMP folding?

Sorry
This Link
F& - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"As more modern CPUs are being released the migration to multiple cores is becoming more adopted by the public, the Pande Group is adding symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) support to the Folding@home client in the hopes of capturing the additional processing power. On November 13, 2006, the beta SMP Folding@home clients for x86-64 Linux and x86 Mac OS X have been released. The beta win32 SMP Folding@home client is out as well, and a 32-bit Linux client is currently in development.[22]"

In two words:
Disease reasearch.

If you leave your computer on 24/7, Do it...
Just do it.

Our team number is 12864 and you type the user name as it appears on these forums.

Sorry
This Link
F& - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"As more modern CPUs are being released the migration to multiple cores is becoming more adopted by the public, the Pande Group is adding symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) support to the Folding@home client in the hopes of capturing the additional processing power. On November 13, 2006, the beta SMP Folding@home clients for x86-64 Linux and x86 Mac OS X have been released. The beta win32 SMP Folding@home client is out as well, and a 32-bit Linux client is currently in development.[22]"

In two words:
Disease reasearch.

If you leave your computer on 24/7, Do it...
Just do it.

Our team number is 12864 and you type the user name as it appears on these forums.

Oh I thought it benefited my computer :p

Is there a possibility that by leaving the PCI express frequency to 100 can't make a limitation of how far I can push my system while overclocking like s strapping or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom