Motherboard VGA out not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruroniarc

Beta member
I just bought all the parts for a new computer, here's the list of parts.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3
RAM: 2x1GB Corsair XMS2 (CM2X1024-6400C4)
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz
Power Supply: Rosewill V2.2 400W
HDD: Western Digital Caviar SE 250GB SATA 3.0GB/s

So I put everything in the case, and tried to turn it on. When I turn the computer on nothing displays to the monitor. This is the first time I'd ever started it, so I didn't change anything in BIOS or CMOS. I cleared CMOS anyway, with no avail. I'm plugging the monitor into the VGA port on the motherboard. There are no bent pins on the processor, I tried different RAM arrangements, and I took it out of the case to make sure there were no shorts on the case. Any ideas of what it could be?

for a system like that i wouldn't run off the integrated gfx...i would get a good pci-e card to take full advantage of the hardware that you have

****, get somethinng like a 8800GT or if your not willling to spend the money a 8600GTS

Well, the thing is is that we're out of money on our budget. Why wouldn't the motherboard VGA work anyway? I don't really understand why...

im not too sure either, try booting with out the hard drive pluuged n and without the CD drive

I tried booting again. This time I even moved my video card to that PC and it still didn't output. I tried booting without CD drives or HDDs. I tried booting with just the bare necessities, nothing worked. Now when I turn the PC on, the Processor makes this really weird Hissing noise. Not when I turn the PC on, but when I turn the power supply on. Once I turned the computer on, the hiss stops. I'm not really sure what's going on, any advice would be nice.

I can't see what I could possibly connect wrong. What are you thinking that might be hooked up incorrectly? o_O

I would RMA the notherboard and CPU sounds like one of them are bad. Did you try each ram stick alone? And no BIOS either huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom