supossed phenom pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
i may wait and see some overclocking reviews before i pounce. if the 9500 will surpass the 9700 with less juice i'm all for it. i would IMAGINE they will all be able to hit above 3ghz.

there are some reviews here that show it performing pretty close to QX chips in some tests:
Expreview.com - Extra Hardware News Report! » AMD
this guy's english cracks me UP..."the huge gap of 875 throw Phenom far away"...lmao. i guess its better than my chinese though.
bear in mind that the core clock and ram are running faster on the intels in some tests, including the one that throw Phenom far away. heh heh.
let's please not make this thread into an AMD vs intel argument. i'm just posting it for interested parties, and i dont feel like gettin all worked up today. if you dont like either product, stow it for today (or forever YAY!) as a favor to me. :eek:

hmm interesting...
according to that:
Phenom X4 9700 / 2400MHz /2+2MB L2/L3 Cache(4mb) / 2000MHz HT / 125W - $279
according to Newegg:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache/ $279.99

Same core clock, same cache- just split differently- then HT kicks in... does anyone know the other technical stats of these processors? Iam talkin the pipelines and all that "internal junk" no one looks at anymore- everyone just seems to look at the speed.

Iam thinkin Intels q6600 may have found its better- and for cheaper. (although not much if those are accurate pricings on the phenoms - 1 dollar less)

I cant seem to find any details on the internal stats... pipelines will really determine how "fast" they are- if you don't know what that is- look up the CPU guide and read on it- the stage pipelines are just how fast it does something- in stage numbers- the lower the number- the faster the thing is done- 2 CPU with vastly different speeds (in Ghz) can be compared by the Pipelines- as I recall a 1.8Ghz AMD beat a 3.0Ghz from it having a smaller pipeline structure, it basiclly could have done nearly 3x as many things due to the pipelines size (the intels was nearly 3x as long as the Amds)

personally i think iam going to go all the way and get the 9700- but not at its initial release- after all Iam still waiting for MY AM2+ board....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom