PCI express frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Anyone ever change this from the default 100 mhz ( I think all mobos have this as default ) to any other number? ( Like some overclocking guides recommend 101-102 and some people are even taking it to 115 ). I was just wondering what are the effects of this and is this even safe?

i run mine at 115. no problems. i've taken it to 125 with no problems. i ran both my 7900gs' at 115-120 every day.
it increases 3dmark score a little (125 increases it a bit more) and will perhaps add a couple/few FPS to your games.

I heard that over 120mhz there is a risk of corrupting your SATA drives or something.

I just run it at 110mhz because for some reason on my P5B deluxe it sets the PCI-E to 1x when its at 100mhz

I heard that over 120mhz there is a risk of corrupting your SATA drives or something.

I just run it at 110mhz because for some reason on my P5B deluxe it sets the PCI-E to 1x when its at 100mhz

quite possible because i had a meltdown on one of my drives. dont know what caused it, but i am leaning towards one of my cleaning programs. it is possible.
yeah i wouldnt run it over 110-115.

Everything i have ever read told me not to change it past 100 because it likes to break stuff if you do.

I dont fold because this case has a ton of stupid lights on it and is fairly loud, so i cant sleep with it on. Also, the whole electricity factor. At full load i sit around 60C on cores 0/3 and 48 on cores 1/2. Lapping will be done tommorow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom