New power supply, new problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoken812

Beta member
I just bought an Antec Earthwatts power supply with 380 watts of power. I bought it for 60 bucks. The reason why I bought it was because my ATX12V Raidmax with 450W didn't have a PCI-E connect, the 6 pin one.

I did all the wiring. Hooked everything up, booted. This is what happened. First time I just got a lot of long beeps. I checked my wiring, made sure everything was snug, then tried again. Now I have no beeps.7

My case is the Sagitta Raidmax case. I usually get 3 blue lights with the one in the middle turning purple when it was loading and whatever.

Now the one in the middle is red and it blinks. Both of my hard drives spin, everything seems like it works, but I get no display.

The video card is the Nvidia 7950GT by XFX.

Thanks in advance.

Well. I only have 60 bucks. And the closest thing I have near me is a frys electronics. My question is, is 380 watts enough power?

As gets said around here in every one of these threads, its not the watts, its the amps on the 12v rail. Looking at the link for the psu i couldnt find what the 12v amps are.

A lot of new PSU's use multiple 12v rails rather than one large 12v rail. Different people have different opinions on whats better. Supposedly a large single 12v rail is more efficient, but depending on your setup a multiple rail psu is fine. What are the specs on the 12v rails?

The beeps are a series of indicators, like lead lights, if your system wont go to post, then try using the other power suply, to rule out the new one as the issue, plug your monitor into the existing motherbaord outlet to rule out a video card short; your computer will function as you described dispite an issue with the cards or the motherbaord, set up with minimum components, you should always at least see the config. screan on startup.

The Antec 380w has enough power so its most likely something else causing the problem. Do you have a lower end card to test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom