CPU Cooler NEED HELP LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently building a budget gamer and have been back and forth about the CPU heatsink/fan. at first I picked out a $23 thermetech but now am thinking about :
Newegg.com - Spire SP414S8-H 70mm Sleeve CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail
Its $6 and has ok reviews. I am going to be using a Pentium 4 3.0 GHz CPU. the case set up I have should keep everything cool with a 90mm in the back and a 120mm in the front. My case also has the cone over the CPU in the side panel.
If you know of any good coolers let me know, I can't spend more than $20 on it however because I am on a very limited budget.

I may try and overclock if everything supports it, not sure about that yet but want to be ready.
I will be using Artic Silver 5 not the bubble gum they stick on there.

Don't bother with extreme editions. They barely overclock any more than normal editions and cost 3-4 times as much. Also, liquid cooling is its own pain in the ***. My cpu cooler cost 85 bucks including shipping and cools as good as low end water setups. To beat the thermalright ultra 120 extreme will run you at least 250-300 bucks for water cooling. Plus, watercooling you have to leak test, and all that fun.

um.. Veedub.. thats a AF64 for AMD processors.. he probably has a Socket 478 like me.. EDIT: Confirmed it..

so get that Spire or the Scythe SCASM only issue is that it costs like $30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom