time for some upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
Well christmas time is rollin around, and since i've got a job now, it's time to get my computer runnin speedy again. My biggest goals are to be able to play crisis, and replace the crt screen im using to run dual monitors. I was thinking of going with an 8800gt, this monitor and vista home premium 64 bit.
one major question i have is whether or not to upgrade my processor, how well is my e6300 going to preform with crysis, and more direct x 10 games in the furture? im pretty sure i have enough money saved up now to pay for most of this, but im also buying the lg venus this monday( i NEED a new phone) so i'll be limited on cash till around christmas.

well look at my specs.
I have vista ult 64bit and my cpu @ 3.2 and i can barely play crysis with high settings.
When i have it on high settings i have to lower the resolution and i get about 30 fps.

Check my specs. I play crysis just fine :) Krazyq just has a sissy computer. Btw, SLI GT works great for crysis. 30-40 FPS at high settings 1920x1200 res and dx9 on xp.

Check my specs. I play crysis just fine :) Krazyq just has a sissy computer. Btw, SLI GT works great for crysis. 30-40 FPS at high settings 1920x1200 res and dx9 on xp.

sissy...ok.
if he gets a quad he'll be fine.
plus crysis should run better on xp than vista.

well sli isn't an option, unless i put in a new motherboard, and at that point im almost rebuilding the whole thing. i guess i can go without vista for now, since it isn't required yet. What happens when i throw a new cpu in my computer? how easy is that to work out. and will my ds3 run a core 2 quad?

Ya i was just messin with ya kazyq. A single 8800Gt should be more than enough to last you. If you can hold out, wait for the g92 revamp of the GTS card. If it does what is expected, its going to blow away the ultras.

Ya i was just messin with ya kazyq. A single 8800Gt should be more than enough to last you. If you can hold out, wait for the g92 revamp of the GTS card. If it does what is expected, its going to blow away the ultras.

well i finally found some good settings for crysis, playing it on all high settings and resolution at 1280....i get around 30-50fps...gets below that once in a while.
I cant wait to get a ahold of a quad though, and im thinking of selling my ultra soon and gettin an 8800gt instead. and maybe try selling off my board too as a bundle. I dont wanna end up loosing money though. I have the hr-03plus so raise the value of my card.

Heh if yer gonna sell your ultra, now is the time to do it. With the new GTS coming out, the ultra is only going to lose more value.

Heh if yer gonna sell your ultra, now is the time to do it. With the new GTS coming out, the ultra is only going to lose more value.

yeah your right,
do you know whats the release date on those gts?
hopefully som noob on ebay buys mine for about 600 bucks. that would be awesome, then ill just get an 8800gt and decide if i really need to go sli or not.
and whats the price gonna be on those gts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom