Nitpicking a few issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trepkos

Baseband Member
Lately, my computer takes a LONG amount of time loading from the beginning motherboard screen, then from the windows XP load screen. Once I finally log into windows, it takes a good 5-10 minutes to load the desktop and once then, theres still icons on the start menu(quick-run shortcuts) that still not display their correct shortcut images but the default ones.

There has also been times that my computer had randomly crashed or a blue screen would pop up saying that there was an issue involving nv4disp.dll or some file along those terms. So that typically involves the driver of the graphics card, so I installed the new drivers for my graphics card and restarted my computer and it wouldn't go past the windows loading screen for a second without the same above blue screen popping up.

This computer is fairly new and shouldn't be having these many issues. I was wondering what could be the different causes and solution concerning these issues.

Computer Specs:
Case: Coolmaster Wave Master Case(Black)
Mobo: ASUS M2N Deluxe SLI
CPU: AMD X2 Dual Core 6000+
Optical Drives: 2x 20x DVD-RW Lightscribe
RAM: 2-GiG DDR2 Kingston Hyper-X 800mhz
GPU: 768mb eVGA Geforce 8800GTX PCI-E
Floppy: 1.44 Floppy Drive Reader/7-1 Card Reader
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows MediaCenter 2002
PSU: Thermaltake 750watt SLI PSU
Sound System: Logitech x530 5.1 Speakers
HDD: 500 GiG Seagate HDD
Mouse: G5 Optical Mouse
Keyboard: G15 Gaming keyboard
Gamepad: Logitech RumblePad 2

Have you tried rolling back to an older driver? Does it boot to safe mode with no issues? What processes are running in the background and what is starting at boot when you look at msconfig?

I installed new gfx drivers and new CPU drivers and from my perspective the issues seems to be gone for the most part, but I may be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom