Final Build. Critique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax413

Baseband Member
Okay, so for the past two or three weeks I've been looking around these and a couple other forums to get the best idea of what I should get for my system. I came up with the following.

CD/DVD Burner - LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with 12X DVD-RAM write and LightScribe Technology Black E-IDE/ATAPI Model LH-20A1H-185 - OEM
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Monitor - Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support - Retail
Sound Card - Creative Sound Blaster SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
PSU - OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS ATX12V / EPS12V 600W Power Supply - Retail
Speaker System - Logitech X-530 70 watts RMS 5.1 Black Speaker System - OEM
Keyboard - Microsoft FA3-00010S Black USB Ergonomics Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 - OEM
Mouse - Logitech MX518 2-Tone 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB + PS/2 Wired Optical Gaming-Grade Mouse - Retail
RAM - G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK - Retail
MB - EVGA 122-CK-NF67-T1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i LT SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Proc - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80562Q6600 - Retail
OS - Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack DVD - OEM
CPU Cooler - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail
GPU - 2x EVGA 512-P3-N802-A1 GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
Case - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Okay, now I've got a couple of questions.

The Antec should be able to fit everything in it, right? I ordered it early to get the rebate and I won't be able to return it if I mail in the rebate.

Also, is the PSU enough to handle the two GT's?

And one last final last question, if I order one GT now and then order another in about a month (due to a limited budget at the moment), I should just be able to pop the second one in and run no problem right?

I'll most likely be ordering within the week so hopefully I'll be up and running soon. Thanks for all the help from this forum by the way; I definitely wouldn't have been able to do it without all you friendly people helping.

That's a really nice system you got, going there.

That Antec, can fit everything nicely.

And the PSU has more than enough power, plus some...

About just popping in the graphic card, I'm not sure, as I've never dealt with SLI.

@ b1gapl - Okay thanks for the info. I'll go ahead and send in the rebate. $75 Antec 900 ftw!

@ vernong1992 - Ah okay. So put it in, put on the SLI bridge and go. I won't have to change anything in BIOS or anything like that as long as I get the same clocked card right?

@ b1gapl - Okay thanks for the info. I'll go ahead and send in the rebate. $75 Antec 900 ftw!

@ vernong1992 - Ah okay. So put it in, put on the SLI bridge and go. I won't have to change anything in BIOS or anything like that as long as I get the same clocked card right?

Hey i got a like new creative sound blaster audigy 4...ill give it to you for $20shipped. PM if your interested.

You don't have to change nothing in BIOS, after you plop in the card, when you boot up into windows, if should have a bubble pop up saying you can SLi, but if not when you install drivers, you go to the controls for the drivers, and you have to enable SLi, lemmie search for a guide real quick
This should be it

oh ya.. no need for soundcards.. if u want one.. just get the X-Fi Extreme ones... but.. you shound consider the one that KrazyQ is selling.. cuz its definitely a bargain..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom